Q Marker on credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a recent check of my credit file I found that Orange Broadband put a 1 marker for the month of January 2010 and a 2 marker for February 2010.

This was due to Orange transferring calls when starting a broadband package, which they were not instructed to do. The bill of around £12 was outstanding and has now been cleared by Orange.

After raising this with Orange they have amended my credit file to show Q for both months, but say they are unable to change this back to a 0.

Why can they not change this to a 0 as it is not my error?

Is this likely to affect me gaining future credit including a mortgage?

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by jam2009

A Q is a marker that a query has been raised by you or by them. If they have amended the account and the account was not late in payment then the query should be removed and replaced with the correct indicator.

I can’t see how they say they can’t replace it, once the query is resolved then it should be corrected. I would write to the CRA and inform them that you have incorrect information on your file. They must contact the issuer of the information and they must reply within 28 days.

In these days of difficult credit anything other then a perfect record will reduce your credit chances.

It may push Orange to do something if you write to them stating that if incorrect information placed by them damages your credit worthiness you will seek redress against them. This worked for me with a utilities company.