Questions re disability tax credits & esa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

just a few questions.

I'm employed but because I took a full 12 months maternity leave I wasn't entitled to ssp when the maternity leave ended so I had to claim ESA. As I was living with my parents at the time I was told that the job centre wanted to know what my parents earned etc as I lived there. Knowing full well this was a load of poo I claimed contribution based Esa so the only thing they would need to look into was whether I had paid enough cons. Which I had.

Anyway investigations showed that the chronic pain and illness I gave been suffering with over the last 6 years us ad result of the shape of my bowel. Currently I take various forms of morphine, fentanyl and oxycodone to control my pain. The nature of my illness also means that I can become incontinent.

Recently I've had my work capability test and I'm praying I pass although I don't hold out too much hope. Anyway, can someone tell me how many weeks I need to be in receipt of ESA due to illness before I qualify for the disabled tax credits? I'm sure I meet the other points for it.

Additionally as my capability test was carried out well over the 13 week assesment phase if (a big if) I do qualify for ESA support phase will they pay me the 30 odd quid top up from the 13 week point or just from the date of the assesment?

Thanks for all your help guys. Xxx