• Tweets

• I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. Anyway I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
    • The neighbour's house is built right on the boundary so the side of their house is effectively the 'wall' in our garden separating the two properties. It's a three storey house and so the mortar poses a potential danger to us. Because of the danger, we have put up an interior fence in our garden to ensure we don't risk mortar dropping on us. That reduces the garden by 25% which is not only an inconvenience, but it's the part of the garden where we had lined up contractors to install a patio and gazebo which we will use for our wedding reception in less than 2 months. We have spoken to the neighbour's caretaker who is on the case, has spoken with a roofer and possibly a scaffolding company, but there are several issues. They don't seem to understand the urgency. As long as there is a risk of falling mortar, we can't carry out any work in the garden, and unless they hurry up, we're looking at cancelling our wedding as it's not viable to book a venue because we can't use our own garden! Also, they want to put the scaffolding up in our garden which would be ok with us if it was a matter of a few days and they hurried up, but there is a tree (most likely protected by the conservation area), so most likely they can only reach part of the roof with the scaffolding if they put it up in our garden. We suggested a roofer with a cherry picker but they seem to want to use a company they've used before. Any and all comments, suggestions, advice is more than welcome.  PS. does it make any difference that the neighbour is a business (ltd) and not a private dwelling?
    • No apology needed, thank you for what you do I am glad to hear they paid. well done on getting back what is yours
    • Apologies all for the late reply and info, i have been away with the Army. They have paid I accepted the offer on the 5th of May, and they paid on the 17th of May.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Harsh Letter received from Kensington *Claim struck out in court*

jamorgan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Zoot, yur still my rock my darling.

Thanks for your comments I do appreciate them I know how you feel and what you mean makes sense,

Shall we just see what happens in the next few days and decide then

If I decide to appeal do you think you would help me write the letter to the Judge.

and can you advise me on what usually happens when you do write an appeal and what happens next can you give me some info on the procedures

x

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

Heads completely messed up now after reading todays threads but anyway, Bona very kindly gave me a number to ring with regards to the transcript.The lady said I would need an EX107 form and I would need to state on the form one of the following:

1. The whole case £150.00 plus vat on average depending on how many words or

2. The Judgement which would be considerably less

She said it would take a couple of days and then it would have to be sent back to court to get Judges approval

which do you want me to get guys and what the hell shall I do now

x

Ok paul will get the full transcript no problem .

Does anyone know whether you pay up front or when recieved.

Giz wished you could have been there for support but never mind love thanks anyway

mrsfoot thanks for the advise on the union thing I shall look into this too thankyou

M

Hey Zoot,

Drydens were the solicitors and I believe Preistley1965 who went to court Friday were also using drydens I do Believe they sent a Barristar too.

Priestley1965 said in his post that the barristar gave him a bundle of docs before the cmc, thats what drydens did to me

M

Hi Rbrears

If everybody thinks I should then yes and I would like to very much,

but have a few doubts about the risks involved , as I do not know the system and what i am likley to face again

I certainly could not appeal without a legal representative (but obviously costs are an issue)

What do you think rbrears?

Do you think I should appeal regardless of the Transcript or hang on for that and then decide

M

Hi to all ,

How are you all doing,can't wait to get the ball rolling again but awaiting on the bloody transcipt.

Thanks again for the comments and support some fantastic people on this site with the lovley kind words and thoughts people post to me and others you are all truley wonderful people.

Shall I still hang on for the transcipt before writing a letter of appeal (which i'm sure you will help me with because i havn't got a clue what to say)

Do we all think this is the right thing to do?

M x

Hi guys,

Sorry been out all day just got in.

Lady rang me from transcipt place earlier to advise she has sent the judgement back to the court today for the judge's approval so I should get it within the next couple of days.

Shall we get this letter of appeal started or shall we hang fire another day or two?

help!

Hi Guys,

Recieved a letter from court this morning

Upon hearing the Claimant in person and Counsel for the defendant

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The calim be struck out

2. There be Judgement for the Defendant on the Counterclaim in the sum of £4,558.30

3. Save for paragraph 2 hereof, there be no order for costs.

4. The time permission to appeal be extended to 4pm on 31st January 2007

No sign of the transcript as yet.

Could somebody explain point 3 to me please

Hi Bona,

Yes they did give me a breakdown,I think I posted the breakdown on page 11 or 12 have a look at it for me and let me know what you think. x

Also rang transcript lady last night and she has not recieved it back from the courts yet, so she gave me the courts section managers direct line and I have left a message at 5.00pm last night for her to contact me back. this morning. I think I am going to ask for a extention on the 14 days,due to the delay in transcript

What do you think guys.

M x

Hi,

Bona it's on page 9 hun hope this is enough info.

Also rang courts today and asked for advise on extending the time for the appeal, spoke to a lady who said I did not have to wait untill transcript comes through just send a simple fax as the cut off point was tommorrow

I explained that we needed information form the transcript to know what grounds to appeal on,she advisedd just send over a fax stating you wish to appeal.

So this is what I wrote.

I wish to appeal as per the order of Judge G Hickingbottom dated the 22 nd January 2007

Please would you advise if you require an appellants notice to be completed or wether any other information is required at this time.

any comments guys?

Hi hulsevictoria,

I'm ok a bit fed up transcript ready now so I shall get that in a day or two so we will see what we have got to go on with that.

Absolutly fab news in the Express, also had a call off my dad to say there was an article in another news paper simular to above and he shall pop it up tonight so I'll post when I have read it.

Get started on the others who owe you money and you may have a fab summer yet to come

M x speak later

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Ive recieved a letter from the court this morning

To seek permission from his honour, it is unnecesary for you to complete an Appellant's Notice at this stage but you do need to set out the grounds on which you wish to appeal. If you file grounds the Judge will consider the application as an application made out of time. Alternativley, you can seek permission to appeal from the court above, i.e. The High Court. You will need to complete aelant's Notice to seek permission from the High Court and a copy is enclosed. You will need to file that notice here with the appropriate fee.

Any thoughts anybody

x

Hi Lellypea, Your lovley you made me laugh then

I need help alright! (so my husband says)

No bloody transcript, awaiting the court to approve it.Bloody rediculous

I'm gonna ring the court tommorrow and find out whats happening and fill you all in when I do, any day now I sould imagine.

Hi Zoot are you ok hun?

No time limit on the letter which is a good thing, I think

x

• Haha 1

Hi guys,

Sorry Iv'e been out of touch for a couple of days HALF TERM bloody nightmare with three kids roll on next week!

Zoot just posted you my e-mail address hun

Also recieved a letter from the solicitors today,

The court had informed them that I was awaiting the transcript and could they possibley have a copy of it and they would pay for any photocopying that had to be done

Morgy x

Bona I shall do that hun, cheeky buggers

Just recieved the transcript and will have a look over that and relive the nightmare of that day

I am really in a pickle about the paypal thing and donations that people have supportedly said they would contribute but

Do I set an account up and ask for help or not ??

I know I need the help and it is hard to ask for people's help when they have very little money themselves to give

What shall I do ?

Whats people's thoughts ?

shall I wait and see if we can get the fighting fund off the ground

Help!

X

Anybody wants to see the transcript let me knowand I shall e-mail

I think this is ok to do. Is it?

x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi blidge,

Seeking some advise and having my transcript and appeal letter ok'd taking a little time but hopefully it will be worth it then it's off to the court with the appeal we go.

So it's all a bit of a waiting game again

x.

• 1 month later...

I hope we can get some justice for you too Blidge.

Just recieved a letter from Drydens solicitors

Please note that unless we recieve your satisfactory proposals to repay the judgement debt by 4pm on the 26th April 2007, our client will have no alternative but to enforce the judgement debt through the court.

A couple of days ago I recieved a letter from Drydens (for the secound time) requesting, could they have a copy of the transcript

There having a laugh!

Not sure what to do now with this

any thoughts

Thanks for the info Zoots, were getting a little bit of movement now,

sending all the documants he requires today to the barrister at the given address.

Fingers crossed everyone

Morgy x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

sent all the bits off 2 weeks ago to the barrister, still heard nothing yet.

A little concerned about the letter i recieved 2 weeks ago from Drydens solicitors they advised me if i did not pay up by the 24th April they were going through the court to recover there costs, i'm not sure wether i should have contacted them or not

Any thoughts ?

Thanks so much Lellypea,and aothers for the continued support x

I'll just hang on a bit longer to see the out come on this appeal or untill i get another letter, i cannot give them what i have not got, i don't really know how it works,i certainly could not borrow any money to pay them.

But i'm hoping to get some good news soon from the Barrister.

Fingers crossed and i shall pm you soon as.

Morgy xx

It is so so wrong

The stories that people post on this web site , like your self just get worse every day

It sickens me to even read them, so many people so much money taken from them.

The massive financial burden, stress and heartache these companies cause people and there famillies is unbelieveable and day after day they just keep getting away with it.

so wrong.

I hope you gat some justice woodwa5 too

x Morgy