1927v Barclay's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am pursuing claim for my gf. I sent the Data Protection Act letter last week and had a standard letter back saying that they were going to provide copy statements for free. Statements have arrived and I have calculated that the charges owed are more than the current OD so good news if we get anything back.

GF is totally crap with money and as long as I have known her she has either been on benefits or very poor pay, intermittent work history etc. Barclays gave her a £500 OD limit which she has not always kept within this and when I recently found out the extent of her problems I advised her to go to the bank and explain the situation, and that she had now started a regular job and could she convert OD to a loan that she could pay off over 12 months,allowing her to be able to spend some of her low wages to live each month. She came out of the bank with a new account!! which she has been allowed to overdraw on and now she is incurring charges on two accounts rather than one, Barclay's have shafted her and are increasing their profits by preying on someone who obviously has a problem with money.

I have spoken to the Debt management people at Barclays and the manager of my local branch and they both agree that Barclays have been negligent in their handling of her accounts, by letting her overdraw so much on a limited income and by letting her have two accounts accruing charges. Both have advised me to make a complaint for negligence in addition to my claim for return of charges.

Does anybody have advise or point me in direction of a letter that I can send to complain about the mishandling of the accounts? i accept taht gf has to take responsibility for being stupid with money but Barclay's havent helped. I have the bit well and truly between my teeth now and i'd determined to get the B******s.

However, this week gf had a call from someone in bank advising her that Od need to be paid off immediately.they knpow she can't pay it back and it seems a bit of a coincidence that they are only asking her to pay it back now that we have started asking about charges and stuff!

Any advice on complaining about the negligence angle much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Received the usual standard letter from Barclays saying that they were sorry gf was unhappy with the charges and setting out their own timetable. Have sent Letter before action today. We are trying to recover £725, not a great deal compared to some on here, but this represents over a months take home pay for gf and is more than the combined O/D's on the two accounts she currently has with Barclays.

Could still do with some advise on pursuing a seperate complaint about the negligent handling of her accounts as per my OP.

For a shove your letter up your (ahem) bottom letter, click on the following link...

Rejection of settlement letter.

Good luck with your claim.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....