style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From now having a couple of experience's with baliff's and from reading other people's experience's on here, it is obvious that whilst effective to some degree the present method of debt collecting is not the best it could be, and rely's a lot on very old law and rights.

From a debtors point of view there needs to be some more protection in place to help people, but there must also be something in place for the creditors, as if there is no way for them to retreve their money if the worst should happen, then they wont lend money and that will effect everyone.

So what's the answer? what system would work?

i have also thought of this acropolis ,and the only thing i can think of is this .

if a person was unfortunate enought to default on debt

1... yes pass the debt to a bailiff but not a self employed bailiff as they rack the debt up to double if not more than the debt .

2.... make sure the charge is accurate to the debt itself ie .1st call 2nd call and then it would be a more fair system .

if the bailiff then is treated more of a worker than a threat then it would be a system that would work .

3... a set figure to repay like if the debt was for £,s then a % of the debt no matter how high the debt .ie 20%,

as far as i can see the bailiff system as it stands does not work and is exploited by the very people who are there to take the debt .