Initial Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell them to take a camera! Put a request in from me to take all their desks. haha!

Claim against Halifax for £492

:: Moneyclaim form filed 22nd May, total claim now £649.57 including costs and 8% interest.

:: £210 offer recieved 19th May, rejected

:: LBA sent 8th May, 22nd May deadline.

:: £70 offer recieved 6th May, rejected

:: Recieved Halifax charges leaflet: 28th April

:: Original Request Sent: 25th April / Deadline: 10th May

View my progress

I read that they can't take money out of the tills as this is customer's money (although am I not a customer??!!?) and I read somewhere else that they can't take any equipment that they need for their business. I think they'll have to take the staff!! By the way, it's 7 pm now, and I never heard back from the customer relations, so this is it...

Just an update - I phoned the county court this morning, and spoke to 'Colin' who is the bailiff, and he is going to phone me tomorrow morning with a time that he will be entering the defendant's premises for the first time.

I then received a letter from Halifax informing me that they had bounced three cheques and would be charging me £39 each one. I was livid, as the cash was paid in the day I wrote them, so rang and was told that they have extended the time it takes for cash to 'clear' unless I pay it in over the counter. I had tried that but was told they can't take cash over the counter for a 'cardcash' account. I hit my head against the kitchen wall a few times, and now can't wait to speak to 'Colin' in the morning.

Hahaha at these posts........ohhhhh to be a baliff just for one day lol i would take the safe with the money in lol and share it out with you guys

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

They really do take the p*ss dont they.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

God this is more exciting than LOST.

Damn hurry up tomorrow and come.

I'm in two minds to take a drive over to Halifax to watch.

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

If i were you i would be going in with the bailiffs. That has to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

Dont forget to donate

Guadge, when you speak to the baliff tomorrow, can you find out what he could expect to lift.

Could he take computers and laptops for instance? Or desks and chairs?

And do they lift value multiplied by any factor to make up for a shortcoming when reselling?

(I've heard a figure of debt x 4 to make up for the shortfall)

Thanks

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

If i were you i would be going in with the bailiffs. That has to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I wish!! Unfortunately I am stuck miles away with three kids and no petrol money - YET!!

Guadge, when you speak to the baliff tomorrow, can you find out what he could expect to lift.

Could he take computers and laptops for instance? Or desks and chairs?

And do they lift value multiplied by any factor to make up for a shortcoming when reselling?

(I've heard a figure of debt x 4 to make up for the shortfall)

Thanks

Yes - I'll ask. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't come to that. Surely Halifax have access to £1500, before that happens? But I'll get some answers for you anyway..

Cheers

Have the media been invited or informed of any of these proceedings.I am sure this would get great local and national coverage.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

Dont forget to donate

If you look back through the weeks and pages of this thread, you'll see that my husband is a journalist. He owns his own publsihing company. This is the main reason I am trying to get an exact time off the bailiffs. Anyway - there's been an update AGAIN; finally Halifax have just emailed me. It's from their legal department saying they've just received all my letters (!!) and had never heard anything about this before (!!) so are now obtaining a copy of the claim from the court, so they can 'consider' what action they should take!! I don't think there's any action they can take now???!!? Except PAY ME!!!!

Hell yeah :cool:

Shame I live down in Devon would love to go and help the baliffs out :D

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Well - I'm ignoring them, as they ignored me! As far as I'm concerned, the bailiffs are still goign in. She can 'consider' all she wants!

Yay!!!! 36.gif*jumping up & down*21.gif Woohoo!! 34.gif

Bring it ooooooooonnnnn!!!!

What date are they going in? Sooner the better in my book. Tomorrow sounds good :D

Claim against Halifax for £492

:: Moneyclaim form filed 22nd May, total claim now £649.57 including costs and 8% interest.

:: £210 offer recieved 19th May, rejected

:: LBA sent 8th May, 22nd May deadline.

:: £70 offer recieved 6th May, rejected

:: Recieved Halifax charges leaflet: 28th April

:: Original Request Sent: 25th April / Deadline: 10th May

View my progress

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks