• Tweets

• Ok Thank you DX will do just that . will keep you up dated.
    • dispute it with whichever cra provider is now showing it. simply state the a/c is from 2015 and was defaulted (date) and should not have re appeared. probably getting ready to sell it on. dx
    • Hi Caught Shoplifting at John Lewis - Retail loss Prevention/Other shoplifting allegations. - Consumer Action Group Thanks a lot for commenting this experience of yours. I do understand this might be something that you are not willing to talk about anymore but the same exact scenario happened with me today at John Lewis. They took my name/ address/ a picture of me holding a signed banned letter. the only questions I've got are... will I be contacted by the police will this be recorded as police caution or criminal record?  I would really really appreciate if you could let me know how it went.  I am so so so ashamed of myself and am really making changes in my life I feel like I've lost myself for a period of my life but anyways it would be really great to hear back. Thanks 
    • I thought Delinquent ment "missing payments" its active so assumimg it can be seen ? also this is the only thing change on my credit file and that in its self being re added has dropped my credit score . the debt is SB and did drop off my credit file so how have or how can they re add it again ?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Advice Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks......right...have plenty to think about....Better get some rest for my tired eyes and let you rest yours too...

Will let you know asap what happens next.

OH says thanks for best wishes sent

Best Regards

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just use old address then but remember it will take a day longer with Royal Mail Re-direction service for the CCA to reach so allow 15 days.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Ok so your redirection is in place until November this year, thats fine, I CCA'd several DCA's ranging from 4 months ago (most recent) to December 2008 & they still haven't sent me anything like a CCA.

Having redirection in place for now...ok, but what happens after that?

• 2 weeks later...

OK...

I sent CCA letters to Apex, Fairfax Solicitors and one each from me and my better half to Robinson Way.

The CCA letters used 78 and 79 as appropriate and were dated 28th April 2010.

Here is what we have received back.

Apex sent this:

Apex1.jpg

Fairfax Solicitors sent this:

Fairfax1-1.jpg

Robinson Way sent us one each of this:

RobinsonWay1.jpg

I hope these post ok....Not really used to linking to photobucket.

Edited by DebtDog

If I read the above letters correctly and understand things as they try and mislead me with gobbledygook....Apex are thinking "ooops, better wait and see what Lloyds have", Fairfax are thinking "We'll threaten him a bit more and see what happens" and Robinson Way are thinking "erm...send them another letter to see if they fall soft"...

Further help appreciated.:)

Edited by DebtDog
typo

Guest HeftyHippo

if you have redirection from Royal Mail, the RM pass the details on to the credit ref agencies. When/if the DCA checks your record at the ref agency, they find your new address. Thats why the DCA have your address.

as for phone numbers, surveys, competitions, loyalty cards and anything where you volunteer your data is a source for someone to consolidate a person's details and then pass it on

There are also dubious methods such as DCAs phoning your neighbours posing as a delivery company that has a parcel and do they have your phone number.

Also, some times, the Royal Mail goof and redirect your mail incorrectly (eg putting it through the wrong door or in the wrong street - similar name such as Gagger Lane rather than Gagger Ave). The householder helpfully puts it back in the postbox, and from there, instead of being sent to the redirected address, they look at the handwritten message from the householder which says "wrong address, not known here" or similar, and then return it to the sender. The DCA then gets their letter back with the RM label with your new address on it!

as an example of people who collate info, have a look at 192.com to see if you're on there as an example

Hi,

Thanks for the reply HeftyHippo...

Have checked 192 and nope...they have me but at wrong address...they actually have me at 2 previous addresses but NOT this one.

Anyhoo....unless one of the above gets in touch in the next 2 days...I guess it will be time to send the Dispute letters out to them both.

Just seemed strange that a Solicitor (Fairfax) bothered to "find us" but he DCA's/Bank had not bothered...

Had an idea that once redirect runs out in Novermber, I will send letter to those that do not yet know correcting address...

Something like..."Please amend your records, I/we now reside at XXXXXXXX" with no mention of any monies still outstanding when i send letter....As the letters were merely informing COA I would not think that they constituted admission/contact over debt....Or am I incorrect? If I then received further threats, would just remind of account in dispute.

So far our RM redirect appears to have been 100% in redirecting everything....has been in place for 2 years come November.

Hi All,

Update....my original CCA letters were sent on 29th April and I now believe that the 12+2 deadline has expired.

Am I correct that I now send the next letter(s) advising DCA that time limit has expired? Is there a template for this please?

Robinson Way have not stopped calling my other half at all, sometimes double figures of calls per day even though she never answers as they are in her reject list and Fairfax have tried to call me in the last hour (again unanswered as I did not recongnise the number).

Thanks In Anticiaption

Edited by DebtDog
typo's

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Thanks for that Hardup,

Am getting letters ready now.

I am correct that I can only count "working" days not weekends and bank holidays when working out the "date" at which the time limit expired?

Oh I shall also be adding something about them ceasing to ring us too...It is getting a little annoying.

Edited by DebtDog

If 12+2 cannot count weekends/bank holidays, my maths says they default this Weds....If 12 + 2 only discounts bank holidays then they default as of today......

Anyone good at working this out? Original letters were posted recorded on 29th, dated 28th and all were received signed for on 30th.....there are two weekends and one Bank Holiday Monday in between then and today???

Fairfax is nothing more than Eversh.ts formed I think when E was getting flack from regulators practically all management and staff are old Eversheds employees. I would like to know how many staff are legally qualified whilst they keep posing as a firm of solicitors.

Update 20/05/2010.

I have today posted the "Account In Dispute" letters, first class, recorded delivery.

Fairfax managed to catch me off guard today and I answered it only to refuse to confirm who I was or first line of address. Woman responded by saying "That's fine Mr xxxxxx we will just keep calling you"...

Also received a letter from them today stating that they MAY issue Court Proceeding or send someone to address.....wonder what they will do after they receive Dispute Letters......

apex have acknowledged our letters and said account on hold and they have referred to LTSB for "statement"...not what I asked for so that will be fun for a while.

Robinson Way have said the same as Apex.

Other half gets 10-20 calls from Robinson Way per day but number is in reject list so no problems there.

Small point I read today somewhere was that a Creditor can only use one DCA at once.....as LTSB are using RW AND Apex albeit for seperate things...does this mean they are being naughty?

No can't stop them on that one as it's separate matters.

Warn Fairfax that you will deal only by letters.

Did you send letter by recorded as Fairfax are notorious for claiming non receipt.

Fairfax seem to believe they are immune to criticism as the last corrupt government employed them to pursue benefit over payments as they are nothing more than the awful EVERSHEDS by a new name all you can expect is crap and waffle.

Their usual tactic is to deny receipt of documents so always RD all letters.

the CEO will never answer letters even if marked private & confidential. I believe he the only legally qualified person in the whole staff.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Apex have written back to my other half....(Letter Below)

Do any more experienced people that me have an opinion as to whether this means that they have given up as they don't have a copy...given up as Lloyds will not give them a copy or....given up as Lloyds don't HAVE a copy?

Apex2.jpg

Fairfax have been very quiet since I sent RD timescale letter. Have so far heard nothing at all from them. No calls, no letters.

Robinson Way were dealing with both Personal Loan as well as Overdraft. They appear to have gone quiet on the PL front.

I telephoned LTSB and spoke with them regarding the Overdraft. They first of all advised that the matter was with RW. I said I knew that but would not deal with Cowboys. I would deal direct with LTSB or nobody. "Do you want something, or nothing?"

Firstly they did not argue when I called RW Cowboys, then they pulled the OD back off them and we made a very amicable arrangement.

All our debt is now under CCA so we shall see who has executed agreements and who does not. Are Lloyds normally in poss of executed agreements or not?

Other information gained from LTSB was that in the opinion of the chap I spoke with, LTSB have changed their policy on refusing all IVA applications and may well now accept them again.

Any comments gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation

DD

Apex one relates to other half's credit card with LTSB. Is less than 6 years since we made a payment. IVA was tried for 2 years ago but refused by TSB so the whole deal fell through.

RW relates to PL from LTSB

Fairfax relates to CC from Paypal (GE Money)then Max Rec then Eversh*ts then Fairfax

Similar applies to all others as IVA involved token payments while application was prepared.

Their choice of words seems a bit strange 'we have been made aware that we are not able to have a copy' Obviously you have put the account into dispute already, all you can really do is sit back and wait to see what they come up with next.

They will probably pass it on to another DCA but there are template letters to deal with that if it happens