DCA's solcitor served you with papers on 'non-enforceable' agreement?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just curious if anyone has a had proceedings issued against them on any agreements that they are confident are 'unenforceable'? I am sure, given recent events, that some of these firms will start chancing their arm after months/years of reticence. Has this happened to any Scottish Caggers?

No 'actual' proceedings (yet!) but hundreds of threats. When I get a DCA threat like that, I send them the CPR31.16 letter and it goes quiet for another 6 months:cool:

CPR31.16 isn't effective in Scotland. Or are you down south?

I have to admire their resilience and their total ignorance. The temptation to mock them is almost irresistible.

Sorry, forgot you're in Scotland, yes, am in UK.

I've just updated one of my Barclaycard accounts that's been going on since Sep 08:shock: Credit limit was £300 and I offered them £10 p.m. back then. It would have been nearly paid off by now but the balance is nearly £600 with their charges now. It really is ridiculous. 3 DCA's involved with all the usual threats!:evil:

You should have gone to CAB and got the whole thing halted, which would have been best for both parties? Now they're adding interest? Still, I've heard B Card is the worst of the lot.

Another thing that puzzles me is there seems now be up to three DCAs (and their appointed 'men of letters') handling each of my accounts; not one of them has deigned to tell me that they have passed/sold the account on!

BTW, have a look at the 8th layer of Dante's Hell: every subsection within is applicable to the banks and their illiterate DCA minions! :D:D

PS: coo-eee, Iqor, Apex, ad nauseam..........

• 3 weeks later...

As I regularly post on DEBT ACTION

I've yet to see a english DCA attempt anything in Scotland.

Howard coward one of the biggest chancers have to my knowledge never enforced court action over the border.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

I've yet to see a english DCAlink3.gif attempt anything in Scotland.

Capquest (who are based in England) regularly take people to court in Scotland via their Scottish solicitors Yuill and Kyle.

Howard Cohen would not be able to act as solicitors in Scotland as they are not qualified to do so.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

Yep I've got one of those. I think there was a registered or recorded delivery with it but I didn't answer the door.

I have serious doubts that the agreement is enforceable. In another 15 months it will expire and fall off the edge of the Earth anyway.

Scottish Gas told me to live on TV dinners. I told them to go and recline under a bus. 8)

Sorry, forgot you're in Scotland, yes, am in UK.

I've just updated one of my Barclaycard accounts that's been going on since Sep 08:shock: Credit limit was £300 and I offered them £10 p.m. back then. It would have been nearly paid off by now but the balance is nearly £600 with their charges now. It really is ridiculous. 3 DCA's involved with all the usual threats!:evil:

well get reclaiming then!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...