Hmmm they're not playing ball

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:| Hi,

Wrote a letter and e-mailed halifax with the following:

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable. This is in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

Please note I am unwilling to pay £5 for each statement but I hereby give consent for the statutory DPA fee of £10 to be deducted from my account for the charges information I require.

You have 40 days to comply with my request.

They wrote to me saying I can have a list of statements at a charge of £5 each! How annoying after I specifically stated I was unwilling to pay this fee.

Any ideas??!!

Ta

I just had an acknowledgement to my DPA letter today saying that as I had sent £10 they would refund £5 to my account - this was for the whole 6 years worth of info, so either their wording is wrong on your letter or you may have misunderstood or misread it. Have another look; it would be very unreasonable to ask for £5 per statement!! That would be daylight robbery.... oh I see where you're coming from! :oops:

First Data Protection Act Letter sent 1 August 2006

OD facility removed - 4 August

Odd 0870***** phone calls start to arrive - 10 today - 16 Aug

Phone calls ceased - 20 August

Acknowledgement of Data Protection Act request received - 22 August

Reminder sent re: Data Protection Act 3rd September

Statements received - 20th September

Calculated penalty charges to date - £2K

5 months of Missing Statements requested - 25th September

Claim letter sent for £2K - 4th November 06

Reply with a four week timescale received - 15th November 06

If I've managed to help anyone through the site, click on the scales and let me know... I need all the help I can get! xx

No unfortunately that's what it said. I have heard of other people being asked for £5 per statement. But I specifically told them it was in accordance with the DPA and gave them permission to deduct the £10 fee from my account. Seems they're trying to put people off claiming to me.