Halifax mortgage Fees letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I recently wrote to halifax asking for £1300 back for arrears, letters, calls etc during my mortgage with them.(now remortgaged elsewhere).

Got a letetr back this morning refusing to pay any of the money back saying the fees where made clear in the information baout yuor mortgage bookelt that came with the offer.

what do i do now ?

Is there a template letter I can ssned to them adn does anyone know where it/ they are.

Please help as I could really do with this money being refunded.

Thankyou

Hi Dancer

Look at this post

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2809443.html

and the thread in general for more help. All the best.

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Hi,

Thankyou for the reply.

I have read the atatched and already done that, I ahve itemized the late payment and added the interest, then forwarded a schedule of payments to Halifax requesting repayment but they wrote back refusing to refund the money.

What I need to know is are there template letters thats should be sent now, and where are they, I have spent hours looking through the site but cannot seem to find template letter like there are for bank charges.

Thankyou

I suppose another poignant question is, in the eyes of the FSA/FOS are these various Arrears fees/charges lawful where the borrower is YET to make an arrangement for the repayment of Arrears with the Lender OR are they unlawful period and are made worse by the fact that a payment arrangement was put in place?

As usual, the FSA succeeds in being vague and quite unhelpful to the borrower.:( Though one has to admit, their recent ruling and intervention in the arrears arena (one wonders how much of it is political as the election draws ever nearer) has put some jitters in the lenders.

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Dancer

Do a bit more digging if you're looking for templates etc. There's a huge amount of useful info all over the place on these boards.

I've found this one http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/19501-zoot-halifax-mortgages-13.html

to be a goldmine of ideas for this type of action.

Best

BTM