MBNA Reduce Credit Limit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

New to forum and just after a little help, MBNA have reduced my credit limit without informing me either online or via post. In their terms its states "

1 Key financial information

1a We will choose your credit limit and tell you what it is. We may

vary it at any time and write to let you know."

They have not wrote and informed me, so in theory are they in breach of the own terms and condition and if so, what action can i take against them.

MBNA Card

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of MBNA :rolleyes:

Send them a CCA request and see what theyve got.

Are there any charges on the account? These are unlawful and can be reclaimed, we can help you through this process.

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Morning :)

How far do you want to go with this? If you want to find out if they really sent the letter you could send a SAR with a cheque for £10. Specifically request:

1. The communications log / customer information system

2. Copies of all correspondence related to this account

3. Any contract relevant to this account

My thinking is that if you kick up a fuss they will just say they did write to you and it mustve got lost in the post. If you get the info above you can know for sure whether or not they wrote to you.

Have you checked your credit file? It may be that there are negative entries which MBNA picked up on causing your limit to be reduced.

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Did you check with all 3 agencies?

We're looking to proove that they did break their own t&cs first - thats why we need to see the communications log and find out if they did actually send you written notice.

If it turns out they didn't I think your best bet would be a complaint to the FOS. MBNA might then re-instate the original limit, and youd probably get a little bit of compo for the hassle.

The reason I was asking how far you wanted to go with this is that even if they do put the credit limit back up there's nothing to stop them writing to you in 2 months time and putting it back down again :(

If your thinking about legal redress then its going to be a breach of contract claim. In this case your limited to claiming for any actual loss you can show the breach caused you.