Harveys Credit

jk63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I purchased some furniture from Harveys in October 2009. I paid £309 on the day and got 9 months interest free credit on the remaining £1200 which has to be paid in July 2010. The goods were received in December 2009. I have the money now so wanted to get it paid off, I called Black Horse who the agreement is with and they say no paperwork has been submitted from Harveys and thus Harveys haven't been paid by Black Horse which means Black Horse won't let me pay them, which is obviously fine by me.

My question is, how long do Harveys have to submit the paperwork? What happens if its not done by July 2010 and also what happens if they don't submit it at all, do I get free furniture?

Before anyone says it, I don't need a morale debate here, I just want the facts.

Thank you guys

Hi jk63 and welcome to cag:)

This is an intresting one.

My first thought was to say just sit back and wait to see what happens but here is always the chance that this might come back and bite you later on with added interest.

I would ask Blackhorse to confirm in writing that there is no agreement in place just to back you up. Write to Harveys requesting a copy of your Credit agreement and see what they come back with. They might realise they have not submitted it or they might of mislaid it.

I do not know if there is a time limit on submitting the paperwork.

Send all letters by recordered delivery and do not sign them.

Thank you, it doesn't have to be paid until 31/07 so I have some time. I'll just keep the money in a savings account until June.

I can't open the link as to why I shouldn't sign the letters. Why is that?

Thanks for your help.