House Sold Before Repossession, Just Lost £19 Grand And Want To Know Why

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and finally this

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z274/joshsam03/017.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z274/joshsam03/018.jpg

any comments would be most greatfull

she defo did not sign this agreement, when they called her into their office the paper she signed was blue and there was no mention of £3000 for repairs, the buyer knew all about thye property from the survey and this happened so near to completion

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z274/joshsam03/019.jpg

If you are saying that the signature of the seller has been forged you should report this to the police, particularly if you think the solicitor was involved.

There are requirements laid down where a solicitor acts for both the buyer and a seller in a conveyancing transaction to avoid a conflict of interest. You might want to call the SRA helpline on 0870 6062555 for advice on this.

Finally, as a matter of law, a mandate to pay money to someone where the signature is forged is essentially a worthless piece of paper and the person who paid out on this is still liable to the original party. i.e. the solicitor is still liable for the sum deducted.

Good luck.

Sorry what I meant was the buyer instructed his own Sol and a different Sol for her

The sig from the property letting agency for £3000 is defo not hers, I think they realised just before completion that they had nothing in writing to get their "cut" and no repairs have been done, just a to let sign put up outside

She did not question the fact that the buyer instructed a sol to act on her behalf as she knew the house was being bought to let and thats the reason she believed the same surveyor valued it at £5000 less than he did 3 weeks previously.

There is something very wrong with this whole process

she put her house on the market with an estate agent

then a local letting/property management co became involved somehow

then a buyer is found who reportedly rulled out

then anothe buyer is found, the same chartered surveyor comes out a second time and knocks £5000 off the value

then another company becomes involved, they are a buy and rent back/to let, co who are acting for another buy/rent back/to let company, then theres the buyer...what the hell reason are all these people involved in the sale of a property, then the property management co want £3000.

The worst thing about this whole situation is that from the estate agents onwards knew that she was desperate to sell the house as it would have been repossessed as her x had not paid the secured loan he took out on it, they also knew she was in poor health, kidney transplant and 2 brain hemorrhage's, all this to cope with while trying to get rid of her house before it was taken from her.

The Sol acting for her never had a face to face meeting with her, he never explained anything to her regarding option release and I even spoke to him myself on her behalf when the property management co called her to go straight to their office as the buyer was pulling out if she did not reduce it by £3000, he told me the buyer was never pulling out, he had already paid a £5000 retainer so he knows that it is not true when he said she agreed to reduce the price in order that repairs could be carried out 3 weeks before the completion...its been one big con from start to finish IMO, I'll let her decide what she wants to do, thanks for the reply...Gc