N-Power complaint procedure - complete waste of my time, these people are hopeless!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just posting this as a warning really - I've had a terrible time following a complaint I made against an NPower salesman. He came to the door and basically didn't introduce himself (until I made him show ID), he gave misleading info about my meter etc....I was a bit annoyed and made the complaint against him. I then had to give the same info regarding the visit on 4 or 5 separate occasions, received 2 letters, several phone calls...not of which seemed to be getting anything done. Surely all they needed to do was find the man and give him a telling-off? Eventually I got a letter saying that 'we have found that you signed the contract and it is legally binding so we are dropping the matter.' I NEVER SIGNED A CONTRACT and this was not the subject of my complaint!

I was a bit shaken by this letter and called Npower to be told eventually that someone must have sent out the wrong letter. The salesman had a trainee with him who corroborate his version (naturally) and so the case was dropped, partly because I had not agreed to an agent coming to interview me at my house.

I really feel like they have harassed me pointlessly and it was a total waste of time ever complaining as they will never uphold the complaint. Not wanting to put others off complaining altogether either....is there another body who regulates these people?

One thing is for sure - I will never ever have anything to do with Npower ever again! What a complete bunch of incompetent crooks.

Edited by Londonlife

is there another body who regulates these people?

One thing is for sure - I will never ever have anything to do with Npower ever again! What a complete bunch of incompetent crooks.

You've got that right! I was with npower against my every desire for about two years. I posted a long thread about it here. And they are crooks; absolute crooks.

In terms of regulation, you could complain to the ombudsman, which I found was quite efficient, and awarded me a small sum of compensation for npower's lamentable customer service and lack of professionalism. It wasn't much, but it was very satisfying.