• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hows things going with your case?, mine is going perfectly to plan, i mean, hey these guys keep giving me more and more evidence, then have the ordasity to call it thier defence hey ho

SNAP!! lol!! I'm really good actually, at the minute they're in default of Court Orders and it's now less than 9 weeks until Judgment day :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SNAP!! lol!! I'm really good actually, at the minute they're in default of Court Orders and it's now less than 9 weeks until Judgment day :D

They do it to themselves!!!!!

Nothing in post today.....2 days and counting x

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Here's hoping he's far too busy pooing his pants lol!!! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: heres hoping!!

Wont be able to find out til Thursday anyway seens as the wonderful court will no longer speak to me and hubby wont be here to call them Wednesday :mad:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

:lol: :lol: :lol: heres hoping!!

Wont be able to find out til Thursday anyway seens as the wonderful court will no longer speak to me and hubby wont be here to call them Wednesday :mad:

Well they should send you a copy too. They sent me one on the day before their deadline!! What a lot of nonsense that was!! :D What they actually sent me was an admission wrapped up as a defence and enough rope to hang themselves ;) Still no Standard Disclosure lol!! :D

Well they should send you a copy too. They sent me one on the day before their deadline!! What a lot of nonsense that was!! :D What they actually sent me was an admission wrapped up as a defence and enough rope to hang themselves ;) Still no Standard Disclosure lol!! :D

They didnt with their application for strike out though mind you the court didnt send that either :rolleyes: they faxed it to the court on the last day!

I loved their admission/defence in your case it truely was remarkable :lol:

They didnt with their application for strike out though mind you the court didnt send that either :rolleyes: they faxed it to the court on the last day!

I loved their admission/defence in your case it truely was remarkable :lol:

Actually I don't believe they are obliged to send you anything regarding a strike out application, but they have to supply you with a copy of the defence even if they just send a copy for you to the court for the court to forward it to you ;)

I know!! I lost the plot when I read it!! I thought it was me being thick and not being able to read properly! Thank God for all my beloved cag friends and your objective opinions :D They've done nothing but drop themselves in it from day 1, they really couldn't have made it easier for me ;)

So today I have sent them a hard copy of my Standard disclosure list, proof of fax sent, witness statement and copy of poc with a covering letter stating I have now discharged all my obligations according to the directions given by DJ.

That's it now, I'm all done. Just a case of waiting for the hearing date and waiting for anything they might see fit to send me :)

Im guessing they are waiting to see what is in your standard disclosure before they send you theirs ! They will see how much they can try and talk their way out of. I dont think the penny has dropped with them yet that there is nothing they can do !!

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)

Im guessing they are waiting to see what is in your standard disclosure before they send you theirs ! They will see how much they can try and talk their way out of. I dont think the penny has dropped with them yet that there is nothing they can do !!

On the contrary I believe the penny HAS dropped, hence the silence!! :D They're hoping I will choose the money over the principle and apply for the strike out imminently and go for judgment by default, (which incidentally I am perfectly within my rights to do considering they have failed to comply with court orders ;)).

I'm holding firm and not giving them the satisfaction, strangely the lure of £10K is not as strong as I expected it to be ha ha!! :lol:

P.S. My court bundle had been delivered and signed for ;) I wonder if Mr P still has a job???! :p Big screw up lol!!

:D your posts never fail to make me smile ! yep, that makes sense !

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)

:D your posts never fail to make me smile ! yep, that makes sense !

Glad to hear it :D We gotta have a laugh, especially when it's at their expense ;)

I'm smiling myself, just printed off the electric proof of delivery, stapled the proof of postage to it and filed it in my excessively large court folder :razz:

8 and a half weeks and counting :)

"MORNING LADIES"

its nice to see you are all doing so well,

iv'e not been active just lately due to my dad being poorly, (he's 86). NHS red tape is a "nightmare" :mad: but all sorted now :)

so feed me with input (having severe withdrawl symptons):p

cab

we've just been having so much fun!! :D

At the mo we've got a summary judgment hearing on 10th September and there is a deathly silence coming from the Nottingham direction :)

I sent them my court bundle so I have totally conformed with the Judge's directions in the Notice of allocation, but unfortunately they have not sent a word!!

Standard disclosure was ordered to be received by both parties no later than 4pm 9th July. It is now 12.25 pm on 13th July and still not received anything from them! D'ya think they're hoping I'll just go away??

"If I close my eyes you can't see me" kinda thing?!! :lol:

Beyond's claim is coming along nicely now too after the first minor glitch. They have got til tomorrow to submit an Acknowledgment of Service, but nothing received as yet :) I'm thinking along the lines that Mr P, (who is dealing with both of our claims), has got the sack because he is just about to cause welscum a great deal of money and stress! :p

"MORNING LADIES"

its nice to see you are all doing so well,

iv'e not been active just lately due to my dad being poorly, (he's 86). NHS red tape is a "nightmare" :mad: but all sorted now :)

so feed me with input (having severe withdrawl symptons):p

cab

yyyaaayyy the wanderer returns!!! welcome home hun!!

sorry to hear about your dad hope he is on the mend asap!

im waiting for a defence BY TOMORROW nothing came in todays post tut tut :lol:

Beyond's claim is coming along nicely now too after the first minor glitch. They have got til tomorrow to submit an Acknowledgment of Service, but nothing received as yet :) I'm thinking along the lines that Mr P, (who is dealing with both of our claims), has got the sack because he is just about to cause welscum a great deal of money and stress! :p

Heres hoping LOL go see my post on my thread :/

we've just been having so much fun!! :D

At the mo we've got a summary judgment hearing on 10th September and there is a deathly silence coming from the Nottingham direction :)

I sent them my court bundle so I have totally conformed with the Judge's directions in the Notice of allocation, but unfortunately they have not sent a word!!

Standard disclosure was ordered to be received by both parties no later than 4pm 9th July. It is now 12.25 pm on 13th July and still not received anything from them! D'ya think they're hoping I'll just go away??

"If I close my eyes you can't see me" kinda thing?!! :lol:

"ERMM" WOW:razz:

well at least you are being a good girl:cool:

they are kind of leaving all the doors wide open, so you can pretty much go were ever you wan't.

MMmmmm desperate "PLONKERS". i am absolutely delighted with the progress that has taken place.

"ROLL ON" 10th september. (its gonna be like watching paint dry)

and do i think they are hoping you will just go away, (praying is probably more appropiate) :D

cab

I've Just Realised That Mr P Is On Holiday Until Next Monday!!! I Hope He Got All His Affairs In Order Before He Went Away Or Beyondhope Will Have A Lovely Default Judgment To Celebrate!!!!!

I wonder what the chances of this are......

yyyaaayyy the wanderer returns!!! welcome home hun!!

sorry to hear about your dad hope he is on the mend asap!

im waiting for a defence BY TOMORROW nothing came in todays post tut tut :lol:

thanx bee (glad to be back) with my m8's.

yes you did have a slight scarey moment there did'nt you,:eek: but glad to see you are turning it around.:) dads ok now (he's being well looked after) ;)

so its nice to see all of your ar$$e kicking spirit is still giving these idiots a hard time:D

cab

thanx bee (glad to be back) with my m8's.

yes you did have a slight scarey moment there did'nt you,:eek: but glad to see you are turning it around.:) dads ok now (he's being well looked after) ;)

so its nice to see all of your ar$$e kicking spirit is still giving these idiots a hard time:D

cab

More than scary it was damn right wobble inducing :lol:

Im in even more of a kick a$$ mood now considering the news wannabe just spilled :D heres hoping he had more pressing matters than to deal with mine before his hols although given his time is up tomorrow and ive not received anything.......i'll not count my chickens just yet ;)

when counting days does it count as to that day or including that day?

Still no excuse for not sending my disclosure cos that was due before his hols even started!! Hmmmm.... I wonder if he's gone somewhere nice....:p

absolutely not!! although lets face it its hard to disclose a document that is admitted as non existent :lol: