• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What? Of him getting his affairs in order before he left or of you winning by default?? :D

Both :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Both :lol:

Ok let's think of this logically ;)

1) Mr P at the very least has received a major ticking off, if not the sack lol! :D

How likely is he going to be to make sure that he works extra hard for them now?? ;)

2) If the AOS should be with you by tomorrow, you really should've had it today. I had mine the day before it was due, when did you get your last one?? :rolleyes:

Just seems a bit odd that all the letters I've seen on cag from compliance lately have been from other people and NOT the man himself...hmmmmm.... :rolleyes:

that clearly proves the point,

ordinary everyday "LOGIC" and there "LOGIC" are two worlds apart:confused:

cab

11 days and not tempted:eek:

your patience is your virtue.:)

cab

I'm not that virtuous Cab! I'm keeping myself incredibly busy to keep my mind off it ;) However that is involving helping people to annihilate the **** and emailing every tv prog, magazine and newspaper I can think of to get the practice of "Unlawful Car Repossession" and Consumer Rights bought the attention of the media and the general public.

The more threads I read on here and on the Welcome Finance forum the more bitterly angry I get at how these unscrupulous lenders are threatening and bullying people when they absolutely no right to do so!!! :-x

It's ok for all the people that find cag and manage to receive help and turn things around, but what about all those who don't??

How many people out there do you suppose have had their cars taken away unlawfully and then hounded for a shortfall?? This just isn't right :(

I even read one post of a young man with a small child and a baby on the way committing suicide as a result of this :(

I can't bear these horror stories any more, I need to do something....

it beggars beyond belief, i have noticed in the last few days the amount of welscum's dodgy repo's. maybe its time to put some of the financial governing bodies throu the mill aswell:mad:

cab

I am thinking, you dont want to get to court, and them say they have posted the docs to you, you have never received them, The judge is going to ask why didnt you chase it up ?

a short e mail, or letter reminding them of their legal obligations, which were due nearly 2 week ago, isnt going to do you any harm. :)

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)

I am thinking, you dont want to get to court, and them say they have posted the docs to you, you have never received them, The judge is going to ask why didnt you chase it up ?

a short e mail, or letter reminding them of their legal obligations, which were due nearly 2 week ago, isnt going to do you any harm. :)

Hello, good to see you back :-) Hmmmm.. interesting! Those docs won't be needed until the trial which is in October so I'm thinking that if my Summary Judgement application gets dismissed in September I'll chase it up then. The only down side to chasing this is I'm concerned the court will take the choice aspect out of my hands and strike out their defence therefore depriving me of a judgement :(

I have spoken to the court about this and they've said that I can make an application at any time to have their defence struck out due to non compliance BUT there is no obligation on me to do that :)

Silence is golden....11 days past deadline and still no disclosure ;)

Nope, still not tempted :p

dont blame ya :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

it beggars beyond belief, i have noticed in the last few days the amount of welscum's dodgy repo's. maybe its time to put some of the financial governing bodies throu the mill aswell:mad:

cab

not such a bad idea!

I was going to have an early night but now I'm too mad to sleep!!!! :-x

I thought The Consumer Action Group was for consumers to help each other NOT creditors employees trying to bully people in to paying??? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, I have something resembling a red mist in front of my eyes, maybe I'm not seeing things properly!!

work for merc much :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was going to have an early night but now I'm too mad to sleep!!!! :-x

I thought The Consumer Action Group was for consumers to help each other NOT creditors employees trying to bully people in to paying??? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, I have something resembling a red mist in front of my eyes, maybe I'm not seeing things properly!!

exactly what it sounded like to me!!! :mad:

ive been fishing for info on that point we were discussing re figures on mine and not getting any further :mad: its the most infuriating thing!

Its always been 'us' against 'them'--and this dick is just one of them.

He'll soon back himself into a corner and cluck off:D

i actually feel inclined to push him into the corner!