Problems With Cleared Debt - Debt Collection Company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year I had an outstanding balance of £1200 owing to a Debt Collection Company.

Before I got my mortgage I paid off a £1200 debt in full and received a letter stating that the debt had been cleared. I spoke to them on the phone and was advised my credit file would be updated to reflect this. This was in Sept 2005.

In November I applied to have my bank account upgraded from Visa Electron to Visa but was declined. I sent a copy of my credit file and a letter showing the debt had been cleared and was then accepted.

Three months ago I got a copy of my credit report and it showed £1200 still outstanding. I contacted the debt collection company and they stated they would have my credit file updated to show the debt settleded.

Last month I applied for a new bank account but was declined. I sent in a copy of my credit report and a copy of the letter showing the amount had been paid in full and was then accepted on appeal.

I have no tried to get extra funds on my mortgage for home improvement but was told today I had been declined due to this pitstanding debt. I explained the situation and was told if I send a copy of the letter in showing it had been cleared then I will be accepted.

Is there any action I can take against the debt collection company as this is now beyond a joke.

Just contacted the debt recovery company and asked for them to email me a copy of the letter stating the balance was cleared in September. (Other letter is currently at mother in laws and shes on holiday!)

Was told that if I dont get the letter today then then I will get it Monday. Was advised to send a copy of the email on to experian when it arrives and they will update my credit file!

The cheek of it!

Will be contacting them every hour until the email is received. I need this to get the loan accepted and if it wasnt for their poor service I wouldnt need to be waiting for this letter.

Well made numerous calls yesterday, but no email.

Was told it was sent to the wrong email address, and they would re-send it! Shocking

Phoned up today and was told there is no-one in the office able to send emails on a weekend and will have to wait till Monday.

• 1 year later...

any out come on this thread?

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

• 1 year later...