Jumping from the saucepan into the fire

Cassandra1413
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some where along the line (can't recall where I read this now,sorry) I saw advise about the "best" banks, the top one was Alliance & Leceister, I have my account up and running with them.:p

Abbey - 12/08/06 prelim sent, 25/08/06 rec how to complain letter, 01/09/06 LBA sent, 19/09/06 offer for part accepted only, given another 7 days.

Lloyds c/c - 12/08/06 sent (LBA), 01/09/06 LBA sent, 09/09/06 declined

Barclay c/c - 14/08/06 sent (LBA), 26/08/06 rec sorry u had to complain , 01/09/06 LBA sent

MBNA c/c - 18/10/06 - Agreed to further goodwill gesture, actually paying more than I asked for now, additional £296.00 expected very soon. Total £586.00

Halifax c/c - 19/10/06 - Halifax settled in full and paid court cost £400.00 paid in account .

Abbey c/c - 15/08/06 sent (LBA), 25/08/06 rec how to complain letter, 04/09/06 LBA sent

please note my opinion is my own and I have no legal training.

natwest worked for me, my parachte account was set up when i had a debt managament plan and NW have been fine so far!!

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I vote Natwest too.

I guess it's a personal thing - I like the people in my local branch and never had the kind of problems I've since had with Abbey.

I had a current account with them which was closed when I got divorced.

I wish I'd stayed with them instead of Abbey. But now got a parachute Step account with them.

Abbey Prelim Letter sent 16/06/06 - LBA sent 30/06/06 - MCOL served 22/07/06 - Acknowledged 26/07/06 - Defended 16/08/2006 - Settled 20/09/06 :o

Abbey 2 Prelim Letter sent 22/09/06

Abbey 2 LBA sent 9/10/06

MCOL 03/11/06

Cap One Prelim sent 28/06/06 - LBA sent 13/07/06

MCOL served 05/08/06 - Acknowledged 02/08/06 - Served 05/08/2006 -Settled in full 22/08/06 :D :D

Halifax Prelim sent 03/07/06 - LBA sent 17/07/06

MCOL issued 03/08/06 - settled in full 09/08/06 :D

MBNA S.A.R sent 21/08/06 Settled 21/09/06 :-o

Morgan Stanley S.A.R sent 29/09/06

I have nothing but praise for Smile, the gave me a debit and a credit card a freeo/d for £500 and I do it all online and pay stuff in in the tpost office, apart from the savings account which you have to use their co op cash machines for, but you can always just tranfer money from one account to another and then go to any link machine, oh and I dont have to see anyone, and their call centre is in the UK

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks for all your replies.

I opened an account with Nationwide yesterday with online facilities. The staff keeps trying to get financial information off me in order to sell me mortgage, insurance and unit trust investments which alarmed me a fair bit (but hey, what else is new?). I wonder how much information we disclose to the bank are really necessary and on a 'need to know' basis!!

They asked me why I want another bank account if I banked with CrAbbey for 20 years! On hearing that I want a separate account for all my DDs, SOs and cheque payments, she immediately said their charge is £30 each time if I get overdrawn without authorisation and what nots. Hah, what a presumptuous wretch.

Now I have to tread very carefully, don't want to jump from a frying pan into the fire :Cry:.

oh and I dont have to see anyone, and their call centre is in the UK

:p, I would like that too! Hate talking to people whose has trouble understanding my request and wouldn't admit it, nor get things right for love or money :rolleyes:!

Some where along the line (can't recall where I read this now,sorry) I saw advise about the "best" banks, the top one was Alliance & Leceister, I have my account up and running with them.:p

Lucky you, I don't think we have a A&L branch in sight anywhere.

I'd vote for Nationwide..... only really because they have brilliant online banking facilities, and the people in my branch are lovely. As good a reason as any for chosing a bank :-)

I heard about them not charging people drawing our own money abroad. That's why I went with them. Now we have to see...:oops:

I vote NatWest too.

I guess it's a personal thing - I like the people in my local branch and never had the kind of problems I've since had with Abbey.

I had a current account with them which was closed when I got divorced.

I wish I'd stayed with them instead of Abbey. But now got a parachute Step account with them.

The traditional banks have more advantages than the building society conversions as they seem to offer better facilities. When I was in a very good job I never had any problems with Abbey either. Only when I got ill and been off work, now work part time and has a relatively low income that they become evil. My impression is that they only want to have 'premium' customers. :Cry:

Lucky you, I don't think we have a A&L branch in sight anywhere.
Ive gone with A&L too my nearest branch is 7miles away but if you need to put money in you can do this through the post office with cash or cheque and you can get cash out at most machines (as theyve given me a card and cheque book too !):)

1st letter to Abbey requesting statements 10/08/06

Reply from Abbey..Sorry on Microfiche..cant do 18/08/06

2nd letter to Abbey Microfiche argument letter R/D 23/08/06

Received 16 Statements from Abbey 23/0806

Reply from Abbey.. enclosed complaints leaflet 2/08/06

Phone call from abbey Re my account 20.55hrs 5/09/06

Letter to MBNA requesting statements 6/9/06

Sent off Data Protection Act letter to MBNA 2/10/06

Sent off Non Compliance letter to P Speed 3/10/06

Cover letter & 5yrs statements received 9/10/06

Received letter from MBNA saying they had reduced limit 9/10/06