Baliffs knocking at old address for unpaid Parking fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there , Can any one help . I've been issued parking ticket that I appealed & received no reply . I have now moved to France due to financial difficulties & had forgotten about the tickets & their consequences until my old flat mate called telling a horrid tale of baliffs & demands of payment. I am self employied with a loss of 18.000 this years accounts & no way of paying bayliffs fines or anything :shock:.

Could anyone offer any advice on how to deal with this mess up .....Thank you.

If this is a PCN then by living in France then you are outside the legal jurisduiction of the Fixed Penalty System.

I wouldnt let it bother you, just tell your former flatmates to say to the bailiff that you have moved and dont know where. The bailiff can only return the case back to the originating council and its ends up in the bin.

There are no reciprocal arrangements with Britain and France on PCNs, only criminal offences.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

A bailiff might use CitizenView to try and trace what he thinks is a current address for you and try enforcing there, but legally he can do nothing because where a new address is discovered, the originating council must re-serve a new charge certificate to give you an opportunity to pay before instructing a bailiff to carry our enforcement. If a bailiff attends any UK address and you are not there and no goods at the address belong to you then he is scuppered. The bailiff will want to move on to his next case on his list, and and return your case back to the originating council as nulla bona.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu