Help and advice please!

SebM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a hearing in the morning to suspend the possession warrant and was wondering if anyone could advise me.

Obviously I've already filled in the forms etc but I also contacted the lender this afternoon. They were very helpful and we went through everything and agreed on what I could afford to pay them.

They told me, and I made them confirm again that no further action would be taken on the account.

My questions are should I attend tomorrow, are they still likely to attend tomorrow and what is likely to happen? As it was all done on the phone (no other way to be fair) I can only explain and not show anything so what should I say?

Thank you!

Hi sebM and welcome to cag:)

I think you should definatly turn up to the court. You need to be there to make sure they stick to the agreement and suspend further action whist a payment plan is in place.

If you default in the future then they can restart the action.

As the repossesion has got to this stage you are obviously in a difficult financial situation. Have a good look through this forum and ask as many questions as you need to see if we can help you. We are a friendly bunch here and can advise you on many subjects from employment, debts and most importantly of all in my opinion is support you so you don't feel your battleing the whole world on your own.:)

Hi all,......My questions are should I attend tomorrow, are they still likely to attend tomorrow and what is likely to happen? As it was all done on the phone (no other way to be fair) I can only explain and not show anything so what should I say? Thank you!

Yes Absolutely essential that you attend the Court.

You tell the Judge that you have an agreement with the Lender, their Solicitor will confirm this, the Judge will ask is this OK and make his order.

Regards

on*the*case

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Thanks for all your advice. I called the lender again in the end to ask what would happen.

They said the new payment plan was on their system now, that their lawyers have been informed and that they will be attending to confirm this.

They literally said the hearing would be a formality so hopefully that will prove to be the case.

Things aren't quite as chaotic as they appear. They just were last year and I've been stupid by not sorting it out til the last minute.

Still have a nagging doubt in my mind of course but there's not a great deal else I can do at this stage. Can't think what the lender would gain from lying.