Car on HP account with Link

bladeboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of advice required please since my knowledge of HP related matters is poor.

Took a HP agreement out with Ford Credit back in 2006 - payment history up till recently has bee excellent and well over a third of the amount has been paid. I still have the vehicle.

Total sum was in the region of £15,000 or so, £4,000 (including penalty charges which haven't be specified) is currently being claimed.

Recently missed a couple of payments and had the original creditor (Ford) on the phone. Explained I was in financial difficulty and that I would be continuing to make payments. Continued to make payments, as recently as October this year, but there are arrears of roughly £900 or so.

Thought that would be then end of it due to my continuing to make payments but then received a default notice from Ford and then a letter saying that they had 'sold' or 'assigned' the debt/account to LINK Financial.

Link have sent a latter requesting the return of the vehicle or payment of the £4,000 outstanding.

I am aware that the goods/car have protected status so presumably they'll need a court order for the return of the vehicle.

Also heard somewhere that I can apply for a time order?

OK, given that I might like to keep the vehicle (although haven't decided fully yet) what's the best way to play this one now?

I had thought of a formal request for the CCA and breakdown of charges etc via SAR - this should slow things down a bit.

Given that LINK have probably bought the account for far less that it's worth would it be possible to make them an offer of, say, 50% of what they claim now with a view to obtaining a full and final settlement and keep the vehicle?

Any tips would, as always, be gratefully received.

Ta