Next Directory/ Cabot unable to supply CCA

noodledoodle78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Hoping someone will be able to offer some advice on this.

I had a Next account which is now being handled by Cabot. I sent them a CCA request and also asked for a breakdown of the account as I thought it had been paid off. I owe £95 and Next have defaulted me.

Cabot have respond advising that Next have no record of a dispute regarding charges on this account. They also advise that they are unable to supply a copy of the application form.

Finally they advise that Next have contacted the previous agent who is unable to advise if a CCA request was actioned due to their files having been archived.

Cabot are asking me to contact them to discuss further.

If they cannot supply my CCA and statements am I liable for this debt? What should I do and can I go about getting this default removed?

Hi Guys

Hoping someone will be able to offer some advice on this.

I had a Next account which is now being handled by Cabot. I sent them a CCA request and also asked for a breakdown of the account as I thought it had been paid off. I owe £95 and Next have defaulted me.

Cabot have respond advising that Next have no record of a dispute regarding charges on this account. They also advise that they are unable to supply a copy of the application form.

Finally they advise that Next have contacted the previous agent who is unable to advise if a CCA request was actioned due to their files having been archived.

Cabot are asking me to contact them to discuss further.

If they cannot supply my CCA and statements am I liable for this debt? What should I do and can I go about getting this default removed?

• 4 weeks later...

I have now received a letter from Cabot stating that they are no longer pursuing the debt as they are unable to provide statements/ CCA.

My problem is now that I have a default registered on my account plus missed payments. Can I get these removed and how do i go about doing this?

Tx

Hey noodle

I haven't been on here for quite some time.. and I hit a brick wall with these myself!

Last time they contacted me they sent a letter stating they would be taking me to court in 7 days or something similar... this was many months ago.

Also have no CCA - this is from 2004 when I set up the account (before digital signatures law came into effect).

They wont pursue payment but wont remove default. :x