Student loan-chased after 18 years

redtogreen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, next event:

Yesterday I received a letter, this time directly from SLC:

NOTICE OF DEFAULT SUMS

Dear **** ****

Your loan agreement ***********

1. This notice relates to deafult sums and is given in compliance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

2. The following default sums have become payable since the last Notice was sent to you:

Trace Agent Charge £11.50 04 NOV 2009

3. The date upon which each deafult sum referred to in this notice became payable under the Loan Agreemnets(s) is 04 NOV 2009.

4. This Notice does not take account of default sums which we have already told you about in another default sums notice, whether or not these sums remain unpaid.

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE REQUIRED TO SEND THIS NOTICE IN RELATION TO DEFAULT SUMS WHICH HAVE BEEN APPLIED IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER SOME OR ALL HAVE BEEN REVERSED.

5. The total amount of all the default sums included in the Notice is £11.50.

Should you wish to discuss your account please contact us on **** *** ****.

For and on behalf of the SLC LTD

Collections Operations Manager

Aaarrggghhh!! What now?!

I've got all the details to make the complaint:

Must be in writing, either by e-mail or letter:

enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk

Enquiries Department

The Office of Fair Trading

Fleet Bank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Trading Standards locally.

Just wanted to get this all sorted out first before addressing the follow-up complaints. What do you suggest Kurvaface-run it alongside?

Trading Standards really weren't any help-they just referred me back to the National Debt Helpline.

TS suggested that as far as the legal obligations were concerned, I need to talk to the Financial Ombudsman regarding administration and responsibilities of the debt (whether Credit Solutions were justified in advising me to contact SLC regarding the Statute Barred situation).

Help! I need a clear way forward from here, please....

I'm in a bit of a rush, but IMO you need do nothing except inform these morons that as they are in breach of the OFT debt collection Guide lines and CPUTR regs, you have reported them to the OFT, TS, ICO and the FOS, the debt is clearly SB and you have informed their inept collection agency of this, yet they still press for payment, you expect to receive by return of post a copy of their complaints procedure, and you will not enter into any further correspondence surrounding this alleged debt.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!