• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Accident caused after third party parked on yellow line - Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could assist me. My sister was involved in an accident where she collided with another vehicle in front of her, which she accepts liability of.

However during this collision a man claims that my sister (or the car she collided with) then collided with his car which was parked on the opposite side of the road, causing damage to his vehicle.

However his car was parked on a yellow line as he is a cab driver (and his cab office is located on this road) and now he is claiming a loss of earnings against my sister. I wanted to know if anyone could offer any legal advice about this. He should not have been parked there as it was during the day and is approximately 100 meters from a level crossing. Please help!! Thanking you in advance

My sister has legal assistance and the insurance company are dealing with it. However they can often be slow and I thought if I could provide some more evidence for them then it would push the case along.

My sister is only 18 and the accident only occurred within her first month of driving. Therefore she was fairly traumatised at the scene and is blurry with regards to the details. But she does recall the owner of the taxi approaching her for her contact details which she provided. All she can really remember is colliding with the car in front of her. She assumes that at some point one of these vehicles collided with the taxi.

My sister is only 18 and the accident only occurred within her first month of driving. Therefore she was fairly traumatised at the scene and is blurry with regards to the details. But she does recall the owner of the taxi approaching her for her contact details which she provided. All she can really remember is colliding with the car in front of her. She assumes that at some point one of these vehicles collided with the taxi.[/quot]

As far as I know;

If your sister only hit the car in front of her, she only has to deal with the person in that car. If the taxi driver was hit by the car that your sister hit, then his arguement is with them, not your sister.

Your sister needs to sit down and try to recall all the events and get them down on paper.

jed

I thought that SYL were there for a reason though. And he was parked outside his taxi office. Therefore it wasnt for reasons of loading etc.

a syl means there is a stopping and parking restriction in force, there will be a sign giving the times of the restictions so the taxi may well have been legally parked

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could assist me. My sister was involved in an accident where she collided with another vehicle in front of her, which she accepts liability of.

However during this collision a man claims that my sister (or the car she collided with) then collided with his car which was parked on the opposite side of the road, causing damage to his vehicle.

However his car was parked on a yellow line as he is a cab driver (and his cab office is located on this road) and now he is claiming a loss of earnings against my sister. I wanted to know if anyone could offer any legal advice about this. He should not have been parked there as it was during the day and is approximately 100 meters from a level crossing. Please help!! Thanking you in advance

It doesn't matter. If the cab was there to be seen she's liable. Parking illegally, unlawfully or even badly does not mitigate your sisters liability..... sorry

PS the cab driver should be claiming off the guy who hit him not your sister then it's for the other drivers insurance company to claim against your sister. It's not for the cab driver to decide who's liable also does that cab driver not have insurance who she should be dealing with. Of course the cabby is fully entitled to process his own claim but as I say it should be against the driver who hit him not your sister

I thought that SYL were there for a reason though. And he was parked outside his taxi office. Therefore it wasnt for reasons of loading etc.

Using that logic I could just go around smashing into everyone I saw parked on yellow lines without any consequences. Whilst you are correct they are there for a reason I'm sure your sister didn't check for a blue badge or signs of loading before ploughing into the other cars.

That taxi driver was located on the other side of the road. She went into the car on her side of the road, which was moving in slow traffic. They then apparently hit his vehicle. She didnt just plough into parked vehicles. They also looked at his vehicle and didnt see any damage at the time.

Using that logic I could just go around smashing into everyone I saw parked on yellow lines without any consequences. Whilst you are correct they are there for a reason I'm sure your sister didn't check for a blue badge or signs of loading before ploughing into the other cars.

Quite GM

On a lighter note is may be that the sister was not in fact responsible for the accident. It's my experience that often drivers in shock will admit fault at the scene yet investigation sometimes reveal they were not responsible at all.

I suggest the full accident circumstances need looked at

That taxi driver was located on the other side of the road. She went into the car on her side of the road, which was moving in slow traffic. They then apparently hit his vehicle. She didnt just plough into parked vehicles. They also looked at his vehicle and didnt see any damage at the time.

I can't see why you are bothered she is obviously to blame and will lose no claims bonus if she hit 1 car or 2 cars or a Daewoo or Ferrari unless she is uninsured it won't affect her. If the cab driver wants to try it on with the insurance companies that is their problem.

As JonCris has explained we dont even know whether the taxi driver was her fault. In regards to the initial accident my sister is at blame and definitely accepts liability for this. The No Claims have already been lost. She was just a little traumatised when she received a Claim Form from the taxi drivers solicitors, which was sent to our home address.

Thank you for your responses. I am an IP investigator by day, which is why I think I am trying to look at all avenues possible seeing if there is a way to take this case.

If she has BTE legal cover then should you really become involved investigating without their consent

I havent done anything other than post a message on this forum and make some enquiries at the Council about the yellow line. I would not attempt to contact the taxi driver or other Defendant. That is for the solicitors to do. I just wanted to get other opinions and views.

Could I just mention that by admitting liability she could have invalidated her insurance ........... I'm not saying she has just that she might have ........ it depends on the view taken by her insurer If I where her I would not mention my admission they'll soon discover who was or was not liable

I havent done anything other than post a message on this forum and make some enquiries at the Council about the yellow line. I would not attempt to contact the taxi driver or other Defendant. That is for the solicitors to do. I just wanted to get other opinions and views.

As has been stated the parking restrictions are irrelevant

Really? She admitted liability about the girl whose vehicle she hit in front. However she didnt admit liability about this taxi driver to the insurance company. Would this invalidate her insurance.

Doesn't matter I think if you read the policy terms it will expressly ask that you do not admit liability for the very reason I gave earlier Sometimes people admit liability when later investigation reveals they are not & to do so prejudices the insurers position