Starting a claim against First trust Nothern Ireland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Just a few lines to introduce myself

As someone who has a bad financial record I just accepted all the charges on my account as my own fault, but after finally starting to get my finances sorted out 4 years ago and being honest and upfront front with my bank I thought all the charges would stop. How naive was I?

Three years later I was getting divorced and went to the bank for help when I was waiting for my settlement of the sale of the house , needless to say they didnt hlp and slapped every charge they could think of on my account again. This even after I had rung them and told them of my circumstances and got my solicetor to send them a letter explaining I was due a large financial settlement and could they not cover my direct debits for a short period of time til the check was forwarded from my wifes solicetor.

As a result I closed my account and moved my business elsewere after paying lots of charges, so when a friend recommended this site I was delighted .

I have started the ball rolling and tonight have got a list of statements after sending them the proforma data access letter from your library.

I will keep you all informed once i have read through them all.

Many thanks and keep up all the good work.

Eratu13

Data protection act letter sent ,received partial info with 2 days to spare.

Preliminary Approach for refund sent 19/08/06 standard delaying letter received 25/08/06

Posted Letter before action 06/09/06

NI Small Claims Online 22/09/06 filed claim for£1977 with interest and charges comes to around £2800.

Return Date 26/10/06

Court Date Adjourned at direction of Judge awaiting OFT/Competition Commision report due March