Argos - Replacing faulty item with inferior model

DannyP87
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Don't know were I stand with this legally so would like some help :)

Me and my partner recently had our first baby together, though she was 7 weeks early. We had bought everything apart from the baby monitors.

We went on the Argos website and seen some at £34.99 (376/2864) yet the reviews said for some reason you got a better model instead of (376/2871) so we thought we get them!

At the till when we purchased we was advised that the model we get maybe different and as we was aware of this we agreed and purchased them. However, when we got home and tested them out they were faulty as the child unit's speaker didn't work. Other than that we was really happy with the features so would of liked a straight swap.

So we took them back and got an exchange but was given the model which was originally advertised which is an inferior model. Surely someone can't give you a Ferrari as they don't have any Skodas left yet when it goes wrong give you a Skoda because they have them back in? :???:

If it means having to pay the extra money we probably will but if we don't have to obviously we will try and get the other models at no extra cost.

Anyone have any idea were we stand?

Ta

Dan

Essentially you got lucky by getting a better model at the start, but when it comes down to it you still only paid for and "made an offer" on the original one in the catalogue. Stores generally have anything from 1-8 of this such item (sometimes even more for the retail parks). Did you ask to see if they had any of the model you received?

I don't know if there is a any case or statutory law on this, as its a rare occurrence. Can you PM me your local store as well just in case its in my area, and I can then have a look around. If your not then I should be able to phone the store directly to look into whether they have the other model.

You should still be able to take the product back in an unused condition to the store for a refund

--

Anything I say is my own opinion and in no way am I a representative of Argos Ltd, Home Retail Group plc or any of its companies. No terms are created, nor liability accepted by myself or the for-mentioned companies for any personal advice I provide in my posts.

Edited by blitz
Added Argos Liabality Message

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.