Defending a CCJ online (Part Admission)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I could really do with some advice on the following:-

I have had a Claim issued against me which I have part admit to but part defend.

I contacted Northampton Bulk Centre to find out the deadline for my response and was told the 4th October (a Sunday)

This was fine and I set about preparing my defence (nightmare!), I managed to get it all complete and went online to submit it as advised by the lady I spoke to at Northampton Bulk Centre.

After I had put all of the information in I clicked submit and it showed a message saying it had been submitted on Saturday 3rd at 4:32pm however if it was weekend or bank holiday it wold not be processed until the next day the court would be open.

Nowhere did it say this when i was putting the details in nor did the lady at Northampton advise me to submit on the Friday if the deadline falls on a weekend.

I have checked online and it says " Your Part Admission was received by the Court and processed on 5 October 2009."

My question now is have a automatically got a CCJ now? Is there any way I could appeal as I did infact submit it online on 3rd October, a day before my deadline?

Sorry for the long post!

Any help is very much appreciated!

Classy

I will call them first thing in the morning.

I really dont want them to award the judgment in the claimant's favour as the amount they're claiming is £2100 - however the true amount I owe is £926, hence my defending the claim. I'll never buy Leasehold again!

Thanks for your advice Supasnooper, much appreciated! :)