Abbey Overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, we had a joint a/c with the Abbey, overdraft approx 2K, husband signed TD last year, now debt collectors coming after me :) Contacted Abbey to get a run down of the alleged debt, said they have closed the account and no longer have the details:confused: Be grateful if anybody with this type of knowledge could give us a few pointers as to legalitys of the whole thing. Many thanks:p

as itwas in joint names and if you are not in a trust deed then they can ask you for repayment.

is there any charges you can reclaim on it?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

many thanks for your reply, I have no idea where to start as this was an account we had for a lot of years, and when I queried the assistant at abbey today about charges on the account, she shut up shop and said they had no details of my account as it was closed. She told me to contact Debt collection agency for a copy. i have seen the term cca used on here quite frequently and wondered if there is anything I can do to delay any payment on this account for the time being (preferably till after xmas!) many thanks again

overdrafts a exempted from parts of the cca.

you could only try and set up a apyment plan of what you can afford and have a read around the bank forums to get yourself up to speed to reclaim those charges to reduce it

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/#consumer-forums-center-bank

ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)