arab63 v RBS

arab63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

Let me explain the series of events leading to the success.

Sent all the letters, with the LBA being copied to Tommy McLean as well, recorded delivery.

Received the standard fob off letter from Tommy so sent another one stating how disappointed I was etc, etc,

Recived a reply from Tommy stating he was sorry I disagreed and also that he never received my letter of 18 August 2006. I sent another response stating that I had no choice but to file a claim and also pointed out that the letter he said he had never received was signed for on the 19 August and also he acknowledged receipt of it in on of his previous missives.

Now I don't know whether that error on his part has made a difference, but I received a recorded letter on Saturday stating that they would be refunding all my charges less the amount I had claimed that was over the 6 year threshold - my account being credited with the sum of £1,007 within 5 working days with no conditions being stated in the letter.

Whilst I'm aware that this is about £200 less than I was originally claiming, I did try and claim various charges going back 8 years so I cannot complain.

Keep going everyone - maybe this is a change of strategy from the RBS realising solicitors and court costs are increasing their potential liability ten fold.