Question about leave entitlement for armed forces.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again,

I've just (3 weeks ago) been discharged from the Royal Navy, however during the past 12 months I've not taken any main annual leave (didn't help that I was in the Gulf for 7 months of that!).

At the last count I had upwards of 30 days leave accumulated (including some carried over from the previous year) and as far as I'm aware it's all gone! Although I know that the Armed Forces aren't bound to legislation governing leave entitlement and I fully understand the reasons behind that - surely that doesn't give them the right to to take it all away from me, does it???

If anyone knows the answer, or details of where to find answers I'd be a very happy man.

Thanks

The armed forces will normally write into specific contracts the entitlement of the holiday, including any "bound over" period i.e. what you can carry over or receive payment for any unused days etc. However, the problem with armed forces is that there is tons of red tape which apply only to those employed by the armed forces. I put my hands up and admit that I have no in depth knowledge of the legislation surrounding armed forces personnel apart from that which is common with "civilians" in the public/private sectors! However, I would imagine that you have an administrative function who could assist with your query...

Sorry I can't help anymore!

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)