Copy of credit agreement still not arrived.

Anedar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off a letter (that I found on this amazing site) to a DCA that was chasing me for an old bank loan, asking them for a copy of the agreement.

They responded that they woould be contacting my original creditor and would try to comply with the 12 day time limit.

I received a second letter from them 6 days ago saying that they were still waiting for the credit agreement. They assured me that once they received it they would be after me to pay the amount in full.

It has now been well over a month since I sent the initial request.

What should I do? Just leave it or can I press them?

Any help would be really appreciated as I am a bit clueless as to what to do next.:???:

• 3 weeks later...

After a very distressing week. I've arrived home to find a letter from the DCA saying that because of the length of time since I took the loan out (it's been less that 6 years) the bank cannot find the credit agreement.

the DCA have informed me that they will no longer chase me.

Can anyone tell me what this means and what do I do now?

Can I ask them to take the default notice off my credit file?

:???:

It means they cannot provide a CCA so cannot take any legal enforcement. Keep that letter safe in case they sell the debt on to another lowlife.

You could send them a s.10 notice http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/586-legal-notice-issued-under-section-10-of-the-data-protection-act-1980 and have a read of Knocked back by a DCA on a Sec 10 notice? - The Consumer Forums