After 6 Years - Can I Claim The Charges?

Marky2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted a month or so ago about a letter I received from a DCA pursuing me from an old balance for an overdrawn Barclays Bank Account that had an overdrawn by around £2,000. They claimed I owed an outstanding balance of £1000 and this was now being collected by them, after requesting more iformation they sent me statements showing my closing balance of the account (dated 2001) before the account was closed and passed for collection.

I challenged the letter due to the 6 year Statute Barred legislation (as payments made towards it after the 6 year cut off were from my partners account and not in my name) - and recently received a letter saying that the account was not closed and I would not be pursued further.

2 questions, can this matter be resold on to another DCA so the story starts over again? And secondly can I be really cheeky and try and claim the charges that have been added to the account?

If I can, how can I do this, and if I do will it nullify the 'Statute Barred' status of the account?

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance

No, statute-barred works both ways.

Thats what I thought, but MSE site appears to claims that due to the test case being put on hold, the date is frozen at June 2001 - so any charges from that period can still be (in theory) be challenged and potentially claimed back?