Charging Order with no record of CCJ

KJ123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is this an old style student loan pre 1998 ? or new style ? any chance that there may be a 6 year gap where no money has been paid ? (and I don't mean offsetting

yes she did say pre 1998 student loan it just shows a smiley face when you type 8 and ) next to each other with smileys enabled. sorry i mean cool face.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

No money has ever been paid. Its is an old style pre 1998 loan and there is no gap in the loans.

The SLC have it as 3 seperate loans, should this have been 3 CCJ's

Teaboy I think you have a valid point.

Edited by KJ123

old style student loans pre 1998 are consumer credit agreements (like 42man says in his post above, thanks 42 man), so a cca is needed for it to be enforceable in court. so put non complience to your CCA request, stating student loans pre septemper 1998 are consumer credit agreements and not income contingent loans such as student loans post septemper 1998. therefore can not be enforced in court without a true original copy of the agreement with terms and conditions included within the same four corners of the agreement.

non compilence to you subject access request.

direct debit was setup (date setup) for the claiment to collect repayments, yet no attempt was ever made to collect any repayments between the date of the DD being setup and cancelled (date)

with regards to them having it as 3 seprate loans i believe its more likely to all be one loan but paid in 3 seperate amounts at seperate times as you did say "(mainly to get the last loan chq!)". am aslo assuming they send the last loan check to your friends new address to which would mean they were well aware of her new address and therefore theres no excuse for them to have been sending corruspondence to her old address.

Hopefully someone will come along and help you set out the defence in a proper legal manner, but what i put above would be along the lines of what i would use in defence if it was me.

Edited by teaboy2
added "therefore can not be enforced in court without a true original copy of the agreement with terms and conditions include

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

use photobucket's wesbite to upload the image, then copy the web link into your post and the image should automatically display. Remove all identifiable infromation such as name address and account details etc before posting though. i usual just use paint and black the details out.

You need to apply to set this aside....on a dodgy agreement, (any default notices ?) and also there was a 6 year gap between the CCJ and the charging order - which if you had challenged then it probably would have been thrown out as the emphasis lies with the original creditor as to why they didn't enforce the CCJ for such a long time period...

if the terms that you said you havent posted up as their pretty much unreadable. then eligible terms would make the cca unenforceable anyway. (someone correct me if am wrong)

i also agree with 42man said in post above.

also the copy of the agreement you posted has the prove you need for the direct debit being setup they now have to explain why they never collected repayments when due aswell.

maybe so. but the terms with the agreement are eligible and therefore you can not read what the terms are, which makes the CCA unenforceable. and if the cca is unenforceable, then the debt can not be enforced by a court. and therefore a ccj and court order can not be applied for, so should be struck out.

yes, but surely you should be allowed to get them set aside on the grounds that they should never have been granted them in the first place. not to mention the fact your friend never received and particulars of claim and therefore couldnt mount a defence for either the CCJ or charging order. as if she had recieved them she would have mounted a defence.

have you been given a copy of the particular of claim when you were at the court. if not your friends needs to request a copy from SLC and the have a legal obligation to provide it. if you have it then please post it up on here like you did the cca so we can then take their case apart and form a defence for you.

And you tend to find that at a charging order hearing the judge usually only deals with the charging order issue itself and would only consider the setting aside of the charging order IF there was an application to set aside the original CCJ.....which are normally heard at the same time.

My friend did make an application to set aside which was heard at the same time as the Charging Order hearing but as the Judge would not grant the set aside the Charging Order was automatic.

She never even thought to ask for the poc - we are just writing a letter now to the SLC asking for them and a legiable copy of the agreements - will let you know when we get them - thanks so much for all your help:)