Default taken a year to place on file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could give me an answer about a default I had placed on my account. I am trying to get a mortgage at the moment and although I seem to have got one, it has been really hard work.

The reason it has been so difficult is due to a default on my account when I was a student.

Despite Equifax and Experian seeming not to be able to agree on the relevant dates relating to this default, there is one that keeps cropping up. They say that the default was registered on 15/12/03. However, this seemed wrong to me, so when I got all the information from Natwest it seems that the default notice was issued in August 2002 and the termination notice in September 2002.

It seems that because I had arranged to start paying off the balance later in 2002 they didn't bother issuing the default until December 2003. What I don't understand is, I would have been paying that off anyway, the default had been issued and therefore why wait a year to place a marker on my credit file?

It is so annoying because if they had registered it in 2002 then it would not be bothering me anymore.

Does anyone know if they have acted correctly or not?

Really appreciate any help you could give me.

B

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could give me an answer about a default I had placed on my account. I am trying to get a mortgage at the moment and although I seem to have got one, it has been really hard work.

The reason it has been so difficult is due to a default on my account when I was a student.

Despite Equifax and Experian seeming not to be able to agree on the relevant dates relating to this default, there is one that keeps cropping up. They say that the default was registered on 15/12/03. However, this seemed wrong to me, so when I got all the information from Natwest it seems that the default notice was issued in August 2002 and the termination notice in September 2002.

It seems that because I had arranged to start paying off the balance later in 2002 they didn't bother issuing the default until December 2003. What I don't understand is, I would have been paying that off anyway, the default had been issued and therefore why wait a year to place a marker on my credit file?

It is so annoying because if they had registered it in 2002 then it would not be bothering me anymore.

Does anyone know if they have acted correctly or not?

Really appreciate any help you could give me.

B

Hi BB if the default is showing 15,12.03 on your file it will automatic drop off on the 15.12.09 :)

I would honestly just be patient and wait, rather than enter into a battle with them which will just infuriate you.

It's annoying, but you're so close now