Old Sainsbury's Credit Card?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, not sure if this is in the right place or not?

right here we go from the beginning .....

on July 4th 2007 I sent my request for payment letter to Sainsburys, at that time I was asking for £498 pus £260.44 interest at 1.73% totally £758.44, enclosing the schedule.

On July 20th 2007 I send the 2nd letter giving them 14 days to reply fore issuing a claim.

On 3rd August 2007 I received a letter from Sainsburys offering to refund the difference between all of the old £25 charges to the new amount of £12, totally £234. Included with their letter was an acceptance form for me to sign and return.

For some reason, probably feeling greedy and overly confident I never returned the acceptance form thinking I would hold out for the full amount, I then completely forgot about the matter!!! I have now found all my old paper work and have realised that I have a few old credit card claims outstanding (together with Abbey and Barlclay bank account stayed)

I have added on any new charges and this now brings the total amount to £570, the account has been closed for some time now.

Please help, should I:-

• start at the beginning again claiming the full up to date amount?
  • just sign and return the acceptance form for £234 and hope/pray they pay up?

I'm now in financial hardship and could really do with the money!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

They won't pay up. They will rely on the waiver.

Start again but this time sue them

I thought credit cards were being treated differently to bank account claims? If I issue a claim do they normally settle before hand? can you point me in the right direction so I can have a good read up I'm a bit behind with what's going on. thanks

A complete surprised arrived in the post this morning ..... a letter from Sainsbury's Bank with full apologies for the delay in responding to me stating that a refund for £234 will be issued under separate cover!!!!!!

What a result, I really need the money right now, this account is closed now but as I said in my first post the total charges total £570 so will take this £234 then go back for the rest. (know where does it say full and final settlement)

I'm happy!