• Tweets

• Hi, Thanks a lot for your valuable advice and apologies for bit delay in providing some additional information as requested before. I was also looking at other threads to get some more knowledge so apologies if my questions have already been answered in some other threads and I have missed them. I would appreciate if you can guide to relevant thread to help navigate easily. If I opt to go down the route of availing BS option, I'd find it more convenient if I do it in parts i.e., applying with 2/3 creditors at a time. Is that even possible in my case? I understand that DN might be the best option for me but I am trying to avoid this route as much as I can. I am currently living in a rented property with wife and 3 kids and I am not how this is going to play out in future if we decide to move to some other area. How will DN impact my intention of getting house on mortgage (dream as of today) after 6 years? If I go for DN strainght away, do I have to do it for all debts? for example, can i leave one active credit card out of this DN? what can i do if I go for DN right now but my financial situation improves in 1-2 years due to better job or promotion etc.?  Here are the details of my debts. Let me know please if you have any questions. Regards, MM Overdraft Halifax - £2,500 Starling - £500 (I can settle this immediately to keep this account active as back-up for salary and other priority expenses like rent, council tax etc.)   Personal Loans - Outstanding Amounts - No defaults or missed payments Plata - approx. £27,000 BetterBorrow - £3,450 Zopa - £14,000 Reevo - £2,800 Updraft - £2,230   Credit Card - Balances - No defaults or missed payments except those noted Virgin - £6,100 (This card is suspended.) Halifax - £5,474 (This card is suspended.) Barclays - £5,400 (I am currently on a fixed monthly payment plan of £232 for almost a year now and missed last month's payment.) Aqua - £3,100 Fluid - £2,100  
    • They cannot send any claim forms, they are issued by Northants bulk.  Usual rubbish, and legally cannot be served by email unless you've specifically given Northants bulk permission to do.    Usual claptrap from TM.. See
    • OK but it's always best to scan up these letters you mention so We can decide proper actions/responce/use please scan them all to one mass pdf in date order.  Read upload use the online sites listed Dx
    • Instead of ridiculing them you could point out the embarrassment they will have in the papers if they persist in being in Court with a little old lady. it also won't look good for their landowners since negative comments afffect them too.
    • I'm going to say they haven't complied with the PAP although they did write saying they would be issuing a court claim in their letter they also state I had an agreement with OVO which they have a copy of the agreement and its terms and condition which I have definitely not seen. Also I've technically never had an agreement with OVO but with SSE I didn't even realise they had sold to them until this letter!
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg - ARC who are the people Ive been paying ever since.

Deb T
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When the DN was issued it only required 7 days to remedy as cerb pointed out earlier. It just allows for the 7 days if it was posted 1st class but falls short if it was posted 2nd class.

You need to look at the thread PT has running about Egg

Pedross

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its not 7 days it is 14 days

The date the default notice was issued is relevant as:

The original 74 act required 7 days. This was changed to 14 days in the 2006 Act BUT IS NOT RETROSPECTIVE. A DN issued in 2004 would only require 7 days.

The notice in question would be valid on dates provided it was sent by Ist class post (for which the allowance is 2 days). If sent by 2nd class (for whach the allowance is 4 days), it's not.

Having said all that they have made such a pigs ear of the required statements, (which must be exact - NOT a de minimus issue), that it's invalid.

Another angle of attack - If there are a significant amount in late/over limit etc. charges forming a significant % of the sum required to rectify the breach, that would give them a big problem as well.

David

The date the default notice was issued is relevant as:

The original 74 act required 7 days. This was changed to 14 days in the 2006 Act BUT IS NOT RETROSPECTIVE. A DN issued in 2004 would only require 7 days.

The notice in question would be valid on dates provided it was sent by Ist class post (for which the allowance is 2 days). If sent by 2nd class (for whach the allowance is 4 days), it's not.

Having said all that they have made such a pigs ear of the required statements, (which must be exact - NOT a de minimus issue), that it's invalid.

Another angle of attack - If there are a significant amount in late/over limit etc. charges forming a significant % of the sum required to rectify the breach, that would give them a big problem as well.

David

"yep" penny has dropped

I've been sent a copy of the original cca by the collecting agent or egg in a different word..ARC and now they're demanding payment in full.

I have a few different letters from egg around the time of the default and termination all with different balances on...the original cca differs to the one I have...I have the original green agreement......but the date the one was sent to me on tends to tie up with documents from them concerning my account pre running into difficulty with them....

However, the default notice irrespective of the days sent etc...I do feel it does not conform at all with the requirements set out under the 77 act...as quoted above by Cabn1E ....

I've paid the collection agent every month for the last 5 years and because I requested the CCA they now want the balance in full....pah!

Also, the method I pay them by costs me £2.40 at a post office each month....so now I pay every two months...and not only that but the debt with egg appears since the termination notice has increased by over £1000 even though I've paid them for the last 5 years.

If the default notice is invalid then should I write to the collecting agent telling them to suck eggs and at the same time send a subject access to egg?

Incidentally the subject access link above points to one of cags templates but I'm sure there is another that is very specific in what it asks for i.e copies of both sides of a piece of paper...transactions made, calls received/made, emails sent etc....I can't find it but is that the one I should be sending?

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Account No

Dear Sir/Madam

regarding the above account, please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was open.

2. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with CREDITOR/DCA

3. True copies of any notice of assignment and default notices or enforcement notice that CREDITOR/DCA sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

4. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract with terms and conditions, inclusive of all dates they were added and/or deleted. (If applicable).

5. Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the dates were levied, the amounts of any charges, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charges were calculated, and what the charges cover.

6. Specific details of any fees or charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees or charges and what each fee or charge relates to and on what date said fees or charges were levied.

7. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

8. A list of third party agencies to which you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

9. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

10. Termination notices

PLEASE NOTE that unless otherwise stated by yourselves and if the above documents are NOT provided, it will be CONFIRMED that you are unable to reproduce/provide in any way shape or form any copies of the above requested documents. You are reminded that you have a duty to inform me if you do not have the above documents. This is confirmed in High Court Law - Ezsias v Welsh Ministers - [2007] All ER (D) 65 (Dec)

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply all the above documents in line with the Information Commissioners Technical Guidance update (Dated August 2007)

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

print your name here DO NOT SIGN

£10 postal order LEAVE IT BLANK

post recorded MAKE THEM SIGN FOR IT

allow 40+2 DAYS

i also added transripts of any telephone conversations,

Edited by cab1ne
oops

Thank you for that....at the same time as sending that request ...should I also send the same to their collecting arm ARC ?

and where at Egg do I send it?

David

I think you need to plan your strategy and the point by David is valid. If the balance has increased by £1000 it can only be from charges so how much are the total charges that you can challenge.

Secondly the agreement itself is it enforceable.

Finally the DN which might not help you at all even if it is defective as they may argue that the agreement has endured as you continued to make payments over and above the default amount and just issue another one.

It needs careful consideration.

Pedross

They can't issue another default as they went on to terminate the account....

In essence the account balance has increased by over £1000 but if you consider I've paid them over £500 back over 5 years then it's actually increased by £1500 . I have never been made aware of any charges from ARC and if they don't own the debt (and they refer to egg as 'their client' so I suspect they do not own it at all) then they should not be able to add charges....

I do not see the agreement as having 'endured' at all, it is only recently that I have decided to request the agreement. From this point on and given the degree of errors in the default agreement I now consider it to be suspect and unenforceable.

The original credit agreement is different to the one I have..as in it's dates....I ahve a green one in front of me and sent on a particular day, the one they've sent me back was also sent on the same day but has a different date when signed by me....I'd like to know why that is....

Also, what is the 'approved limit' isse that is with egg and which is contained on the agreement I've posted up?

This is becoming a touch confusing, one is saying the agreement is enforceable, the other is not. I realise I make my own choices but with such conflicting information it becomes difficult nigh on impossible to plan any kind of strategy.....

This is a copy of the alleged signed agreement sent to me by ARC, (along with a direct debit form) Is what they have sent me enforceable or not? It does seem very sparse...doesn't give me my credit limit or anything...

It states under the Credit Agreement part 'The main financial terms of the agreement are set out below. A copy of the agreement is enclosed for you to keep'

I don't have anything else sent from ARC and the agreement shown below does not give credit limits etc..but instead points to an approved limit or an individual limit if set by me?

http://www.partnerpick.com/userspace/user3727/egg/arcegg2sav.jpg

http://www.partnerpick.com/userspace/user3727/egg/arcegg1sav.jpg

Edited by Deb T

Just in case you thought I was saying the agreement is enforceable I will clarify my post as I would not want to confuse you.

I believe you may have a case on reclaiming charges as one option.

I believe that the agreement is unenforceable but as I pointed out on an earlier post there is an ongoing debate regarding the 'approved limit' situation and there is a very informative thread about it. There is also a case in progress which may clarify the situation which pt is keeping us up to date with. With regards to your credit limit it does not have to be stated as a figure.

With regards to the DN I was just pointing out that it is not safe to rely on that alone as cases have already been lost on reisssued DN's. The fact that you have still been making payments for the last 5 years could give Egg the opportunity to say the agreement continues even though they said it was terminated.

I don't want you to think I am being negative and I believe that you probably have a case and you should continue to pursue this. But it is not as black and white as you appear to believe.

I see that David has been giving you information and he is very good so its probably best that I leave it to him to advise you to avoid confusion.

Pedross

Pedross, thanks for that...and thanks for clearing as few things up, I admit I did read you wrongly....having said that at no point do I think you've been negative, some answers to queries may at times seem unpalatable but that doesn't mean they're wrong....

I am peeved with Egg, I have read PT's thread and the gazillion of pages attached to it and found it very informative...it's a little difficult to keep up with mind.

I've just printed out the Subject Access to egg as quoted above and I'm going to subject access ARC at the same time if I can find a letter that suits as the one above seems to concentrate on the OC...

If I've given the impression I think I'm on the home run with these people then please accept my apologies, I am well aware of the precarious road ahead and the many up's and downs along the way...and I certainly do not think they'll just roll over and go away with any ease but I do think I have a case for them to answer....

I've searched the site for a suitable subject access for a dca but cannot find one that seems appropriate. The one posted here further up the thread I have sent to the original creditor egg but it doesn't quite fit with one I should send to the dca

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Have been monitoring my credit file for some time now...

A default I had recent fell off with EGG (in April)

I have checked my file again today and it now shows Egg back on

there with an increased balance and a default date for the end of

this year......

This is clear manipulation of my credit file, I have a snapshot of the account prior to egg coming off which quite clearly showed the balance and the date the default of the account.....and then last month it was gone and now it is back with an increased amount on the balance and with a year added to the default date.

What next?

They are only allowed to list you for 6 years from the original default date. If you are saying it's gone over the 6 years do what gyos advises. The only exception I'm aware of is if they obtain a CCJ during that 6 years, in which case the CCJ can stay on for 6 years.

I'd like to know what rules/obligations/guidelines they have broken/breached/not adhered to....as I fully intend to make myself a nuisance with them.

As far as I am concerned they have manipulated my file by adjusting the date of my default, thankfully I have the original as a snapshot and I have a default/termination letter from them that corresponds within a few days to the original default date.

Not only that but they're adjsuted the balance to one that is higher than when I made my last payment and they're also failed to respond to a Subject Access request made late last year and which they cashed the postal order and the recorded delivery letter I sent it to them was shown as delivered.

They have much to answer and I'd like to make them answer by whatever method available. I can sort of get it when a dca that updates a credit file might go someway to extending the default, I don't expect anything different from them but when an Original Creditor does so along with the other errors catalogued here it kind of irritates me just that little bit more, they are supposed to be a responsilbe lender and bound by the terms of their credit licence, thus far they've done nothing of the sort where thos particular debt is concerned.

I last paid them 12 months ago but stopped when they didn't produce an enforceable credit agreement with the one they did produce showing different dates to when it was originally taken out.....

Information relating to a Default can only be processed on your credit file(s) for a maximum of 6 years; said information runs from the date of the first default being registered.

If you do not hold copies of your credit files going back 6 years.

I suggest that you make SAR requests to: Equifax, Experian and CallCredit, in order to obtain copies of the information processed which relates to the account in questiion.

Information relating to a Default can only be processed on your credit file(s) for a maximum of 6 years; said information runs from the date of the first default being registered.

If you do not hold copies of your credit files going back 6 years.

I suggest that you make SAR requests to: Equifax, Experian and CallCredit, in order to obtain copies of the information processed which relates to the account in questiion.

I'm collating so to speak :D I wasn't aware that I could subject access a Credit Ref agency though, if it is the case that I can then I will.

The new and adjusted default is 11months on from when the one that had been on 6 years had dropped off in April, the new one is extended to March 2011 ....

It's bad enough that it was on for 6 years but just how much more are they wanting to play with peoples credit files.

I'm collating so to speak :D I wasn't aware that I could subject access a Credit Ref agency though, if it is the case that I can then I will.

The new and adjusted default is 11months on from when the one that had been on 6 years had dropped off in April, the new one is extended to March 2011 ....

It's bad enough that it was on for 6 years but just how much more are they wanting to play with peoples credit files.

You can do a subject access request against the credit reference agency, send them the £10 and make sure you state you are aware of the £2 statutory report they can give and you do not want this, you want all data you are entitled to under the act. You might like to add that you do not want them write back offering you the £2 one.

I did one against experian once, they phoned me to say they would send a courier with it! Sure enough the next day a whole box of 2,500 pages arrived! LOL ...... be careful what you wish for! Maybe they do it on a CD these days.

I am still using what they sent as scrap paper 5 years on, there is still half of the box left.

Thankyou to you Angry Cat for the idea and to Ruprect for bringing up the rear (er, not literally I'll have you know) I shall do just that (Subject Acess) this week.