Tiaposy V Welcome

tiaposy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi you probably have sorted your problem but for anyone else, i work for a doorstep lender and you need to inform that it is a silent account i.e you dont want your husband to know. Also under data protection laws if they were to call at your house they cannot even mention the company they work for or the reason they are calling, they must leave a sealed letter if they are asked to leave a message at the door. They can threaten all they like on the phone or the door they are not even allowed to mention the word court! you can make arrangements with them to repay debt and dont be put of if they say thats not enough, they just want more.. if any one else has problems with these type of companies please get in touch..

• Haha 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not allowed to contact you at work and if you answer the phone when they call, under data protection they have to ask you security questions, probably your date of birth. Where i work we are not allowed to carry your employment or next of kin details on our computer system in case anyone was to hack into our system, again data protection.

dont even get into a conversation with them i know its hard. see if you can tape the phone conversation or take the persons name and job title. they cant speak to you like that and if i ever spoke to anyone like that i would be pulled up on it.

Just say to them that they are not allowed to call you at work and to put it in writing. they think that if they hassle you then you will just give in and pay them.

just sit tight for now. if they do go belly up its likely that all thier accounts will be sold on to another company, this could take ages and they have to verify you first. just wait for a letter, unless you fancy winding them up and just ring them all the time, that seems to be what they do with everyone else!!!