• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Northern Rock PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya Jan4a,

I had 9 loans with the Co-operative Bank PLC all had PPI attached and the amount being claimed comes to £31,000 just under.

My claim is currently with the FOS.

Now if you need any help with the figures i am more than willing to guide you with this Alanalana will point you to me anyway bless him lol

And you will be surprised at how the interest builds up that is because it is compounded and not simple interest

So it the compounded interest rate at the interest rate they charged you that you want back as only this will put in the position you would have been in had you not had the policy mis-sold to you.

Oh and you can put the 8% statutory s69 judicial interest rate on the total sum to as this is compensation for being without that money over a period of time.

Regards

PF

• Haha 2

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case on the current loan i did not cancel it IMO they will cancel when they recieve your claim.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

well done see perserverance pays follow claim though like that and we will have another win

great they have 40 days to comply this is statutory as per DPA 1998 so put a note on your fone or calender when there time is up oh and allow 2 days i delivery

• 3 weeks later...

jan i will do a calculation 4 u soon as i can get to my pc the wife is using it at the moment lol PF

Hiya Jan4a,

Just doing a spreadsheet for you now give me 30 mins and ill have it ready for you.

Regards

PF

Yes it does mean it was front loaded with interest payable from the start

I started this but had to stop as i need the date of first payment can you furnish this please.

Regards

PF

hiya jan i got your PM getting late now so i will check your figures in morning as 4 template letter u will see one in the ppi stickys just edit to suit your needs

when u have done the letter copy and paste here removing personal details and ill check that 4 u too PF

ok thank you but this is next on my hit list so i will get on to it this evening TC PF

Hiya Jan,

Yes why do you think all Financial organisations use compounded interest rates ?

Now you know why

There is a PPI letter template in the PPI STICKYS just edit that to suit your needs.

Then post it here removing personal data (prying eyes) and ill check it and amend where needed.

Regards

PF

Hiya Jan one minute ill go fetch the link for you.

Oh Silly me sorry that was a SAR letter but no worries i will get you a letter a post it here hang on ill go do it now

Right here you go courtesy of alanalana Just edit this one to suit your needs

Mr alanalana

(full address)

The Royal Bank of Scotland

(full address)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Policy number: XXX

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £xxx unsecured personal loan at your xxx branch on 21st August 2006 and also bought a Payment Protection Insurance policy (PPI) which would cost me an extra £xxx over the life of the loan. The salesperson who sold me the policy did not disclose all of the facts relevant to the PPI.

Firstly I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as your salesperson did not give me detailed information on what the policy would and would not cover. For example that the loan only covered the first 12 months should I become unable to work as a result of disability or unemployment. It should have been explained to me that the policy would not cover the full period of my loan term.

Secondly I was not informed that I had the option to buy payment protection insurance (PPI) from an independent provider to cover the loan at a more competitive price.

I was also not informed that the interest on the PPI would be payable over the full term of the loan.

Having recently looked at the paperwork for my loan I now realise that I have been paying for insurance (and the interest on that insurance). I believe that having cancelled the PPI, I am entitled to a refund of the payments made as no claim was made on the policy.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments that I have paid to date which are 5 payments of £xxx. The Insurance loan repayment figure was £xxx and the main loan repayment is £xxx yet after the cancellation of the PPI the monthly repayment was revised to £xxx some £10.06 more than the loan repayment figure listed on the loan agreement document i.e. £xxx.

As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect the statutory interest at 8% the amount a court would award, to be added to the payments made i.e. £xxx. Total £xxx. You will note from my earlier correspondence that I expressed concern that having paid 5 monthly repayments of £xxx totalling £xxx, you informed me on the 8th February that the total amount outstanding on the loan was £xxx. The last payment of £xxx was recovered from my account on the 22nd January 2007 some 17 days after receiving a letter from xxxxx xxxxxxx at the South West Customer Service Centre dated 5th January 2007 confirming the cancellation of the PPI.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

You have another email too

PF

Your Welcome

PF

hiya jan sure but i cant get to my PC until this evening is that ok with u im logged in on my nokia n95 at the moment as my wife is playing scrabble on the Pc

Edited by pompeyfaith

still on my phone but ill be on pc shortly to beef that letter up PF

Jan Ive ameanded the spreadsheet and emailed back to you.

Now i gota rush out around to my mums soon as i get back i will check your letter as there are a few changes i can do to beef it up.

Regards

PF

Dear Sir/Madam,

PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE COMPLAINT

Re: Policy number: X

I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy for the reasons stated below and request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £12,000 unsecured personal loan via telephone on 24th July 2004 and was also sold a Payment Protection Insurance policy which would cost me an extra £5,821.20 plus interest over the life of the loan.

The reasons this policy was mis-sold I have set out below:

1. I would be paying this with interest over a term of 10 years this I consider wholly inappropriate salesmanship as the policy term is only 5 years.

2. The salesperson who sold me the policy did not disclose all of the facts relevant to the policy.

3. I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as your salesperson did not give me detailed information on what the policy would and would not cover. For example that the loan only covered the first 12 months should I become unable to work as a result of disability or unemployment. It should have been explained to me that the policy would not cover the full period of my loan term.

4. I was not informed that I had the option to buy payment protection insurance from an independent provider to cover the loan at a more competitive price

6. It was not explained to me that the policy would only cover 5 years of a 10 year term.

I wrote to you on 9 November 2005 and stated categorically that I wished to cancel my PPI insurance. One of your sales staff rang me shortly after and advised me that I could not cancel my PPI without taking out a new loan and that I may not get the same interest rate. I now know this to be untrue.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments that I have paid to date which is £2,012.29. Plus the PPI policy premium of £5,821.20 which I expect to be refunded back into the loan.

As I have been denied this money over a considerable amount of time for which you have profited from I also expect statutory interest to be added at an Apr of 8% simple from date of loan to date complaint settled which I calculate to be £3,131.68

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

Right here you go does this meet with your approval.

Leave this bit in red so it stands out

PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE COMPLAINT

The rest you can change to black

Regards

PF

Send that off with a copy of the spreadsheet then sit back and enjoy a cup of tea as you have earned it.

Regards

PF

double check your policy jan but id say it is a 5 yr one going by the cost of it and the fact ive never heard of a 10 yr ppi yet

one thing is 4 sure it proves it was missold because it is now aparant to me they did not tell u this and they should of done

no need to start a new thread just hit the red triangle this will flag up the siteteam just post a message there with a link to this thread a state what u wish it to be called