rawg60

Engineer charge? not our fault please help?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4071 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, i am hoping someone maybe able to advise us? We are renting a house from a letting agent & when we moved in we realised that the gril in the built in oven supplied by the landlord didnt work, or so we thought? I wrote to the letting agent informing them that the grill didnt work? about 4 weeks later an engineer arrived & made me look like a real idiot. Basically obviously being an oven engineer he had full knowledge of the model & managed to make it work? He then informed me that it was a tricky double oven & would inform the letting agent of this.... I am not thick & neither is my husband & we have numerous electrical/mechanical devices around the house? We were not provided with a manual for the oven or any of the appliances within the house & feel really dissapointed by the fact, that the letting agent have forwarded on the bill, with the comment tennents fault due to misuse! Can i fight this as i never asked for an engineer, do we have to guess how to use the oven? Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated:mad: