Jump to content

Does Student Loan Company abide by the banking code

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Doubt it, they don't even acknowledge the FOS in their T&C.

What to do if you are not satisfied



If you are not satisfied about the way your

repayments are being collected, you should

contact the organisation concerned. The SLC and

HMRC will be able to give you details of their

complaints procedures. If, having used this

procedure, you are still not satisfied, you can have

your case independently reviewed. Independent

reviews are usually dealt with by:

• the Student Loans Assessor for services

provided by the Student Loans Company;

• the Adjudicator for services provided by HMRC;

• the Parliamentary Ombudsman for services

provided by the Government, such as DIUS (for

details, see http://www.ombudsman.org.uk);

• the Public Services Ombudsman for Northern

Ireland, Scotland or Wales (see the contact

details below) for services provided by

government outside England; or

• the Local Government Ombudsman for services

provided by local authorities (see

Local Government Ombudsman • Home).

You can contact the Public Services Ombudsman

by going to the websites for the service for the

relevant country.

For Northern Ireland, go to http://www.niombudsman.


For Scotland, go to Scottish Public Services Ombudsman | Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

For Wales, go to Welcome to the website of the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales : Ombudsman.




These are different from complaints. You may be

happy with the way your account has been

handled but you may feel that a decision about

your account (for example, the amount you have

been asked to repay each month) is not correct

and you want to appeal. As in the case of

complaints, the organisations handling your

account will have procedures for dealing with

appeals and you should follow these.

However, if these procedures do not sort out the

problem, you can make an appeal.

Appeals against services provided by the Student

Loans Company are also dealt with by the Student

Loans Assessor. Appeals against assessments

made by HMRC will be dealt with by the Tax


In certain circumstances you may consider using

the legal system (for example, a county court) to

sort out your problem. If you want to do this, you

should first get independent legal advice (for

example, from a solicitor, a legal advice centre or a

citizens advice bureau).

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...