• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help no response for copy of credit agrement

pford
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So basically youre sayign they can just send you a copy of their agreement - and it doesnt have to be a copy signed by the creditor?:confused:

Surely not!?!

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats right. The main thrust behind the s.77/8 requests is the provision of a statement current of account setting out how much has been paid and how much is outstanding. The copy of the agreement is ancillory to this and is provided so as the debtor can ensure that the statement provided has been accurately calculated in accordance with the terms and conditions. S.77/8 is not about proving the existence of the agreement.

All the best

Zoot

So basically youre sayign they can just send you a copy of their agreement - and it doesnt have to be a copy signed by the creditor?:confused:

Surely not!?!

Yes, quite correct as zoot has already said.

However, this does not absolve the lender from the requirement to have to correct paperwork. Unless they have a properly executed agreement that conforms to Section 61 of the CCA 1974 then they cannot enforce the agreement. You can ask the lender to provide a copy of such an agreement and although they are not compelled to produce it they would be silly not to IMO. If they were to go to court to ask a judge to enforce the agreement and they hadn't produced it to you beforehand the judge would most probably take a dim view of their tactics.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

But the agreement they sent me has my present address on it. I opened the account in 1990 shouldn’t it have the address of where I lived at the time I opened the account? for it to be a copy of the agreement

• 3 weeks later...

update now had a letter of trading standards and the Halifax

Further to our recent discussion.

i have contacted Halifax again and explaned that the documents you received were not those requested. I have received an assurance that the original agreement will be forwarded, along with a statement for the last six months. As the agreement was signed some years ago, however, this will have to retrieved from their archives and will take approximately two weeks to obtain.

should you wish to report the matter to the Office of Fair Trading for consideration, they may be contacted at:

and today this from the Halifax

I

refer to your recent communication and enclose a copy of your statements.

Unfortunately, we are unable to retrive your original agreement.

the £1 for the copy application has been credited back to your account and will show on your next statement.

I hope this meets with your requirements.

So that do I do now. They have admitted that they can't send it.

I think you know the answer to that dont you? ;)

Read this... (if you havent already!)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/10900-loan-company-cannot-supply.html

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

the debt is now completely unenforceable. I have recently (posted on thread named above and general thread) had a large debt written off for this very reason. They stated that "because we do not have the original agreement it is now unenforceable and you no longer acknowledge this debt, we have closed our file on it", I also had a barclaycard one written off because they could only send the application form with my signature on it. This one was very old and they owed me more in charges than I owed them, but that would have been a long battle because it was so old. but by the DCA's own admission it was completely unenforceable due to the lack of agreement

the debt is now completely unenforceable. I have recently (posted on thread named above and general thread) had a large debt written off for this very reason. They stated that "because we do not have the original agreement it is now unenforceable and you no longer acknowledge this debt, we have closed our file on it", I also had a barclaycard one written off because they could only send the application form with my signature on it. This one was very old and they owed me more in charges than I owed them, but that would have been a long battle because it was so old. but by the DCA's own admission it was completely unenforceable due to the lack of agreement

Thats a couple of very nice results ecobabe. Purely as a point of interest, did either of them issue a default notice against you before they admitted not having the agreements?

Thats a couple of very nice results ecobabe. Purely as a point of interest, did either of them issue a default notice against you before they admitted not having the agreements?

Having read ecobabes thread i dont believe they did default her, but as we have read here before defaults have been issued rather late in the day on request of CCA,SAR,ect requests by some co's

AL:)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Having read ecobabes thread i dont believe they did default her, but as we have read here before defaults have been issued rather late in the day on request of CCA,S.A.R - (Subject Access Request),ect requests by some co's

AL:)

Thanks for that. If they have no agreement, they dont have your permission then to process your data from any point in the past.. correct?

Thats correct and i also believe that the bank/cc'co once they pass your debt on have no right to keep processing either.

Ecobabe has posted a thread in the general forum have a read http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/56510-success-date.html

AL.

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

• 2 months later...
How nice of them! Have you told TS? What do they think of it?

Not been able to get hold of the person dealing with it today.

His last words before he hung up was we will pass this to our legal department to enforce and we will send some one to your house to take to you about it.

Good... my TS are (suposedly) looking at prosecuting a Halifax's partner in crime, Sainsbury's for just this sort of blatant disregard of the law.

As the HBOS/Halifax/Sainsbury's axis use the same buildings & staff etc, perhaps we should put our respective TS branches in touch with one another?

Good... my TS are (suposedly) looking at prosecuting a Halifax's partner in crime, Sainsbury's for just this sort of blatant disregard of the law.

As the HBOS/Halifax/Sainsbury's axis use the same buildings & staff etc, perhaps we should put our respective TS branches in touch with one another?

Rosie, who at your TS did you contact?

The guy looking into mine said that he thinks the agreement could be unenforcable as it has no prescribed terms and that I should take legal action.

He should be investigating prosecution.....I have also referred it to the OFT who said they will keep the details in order to decide whether to renew their credit license - so, I think that everyone should inform the OFT when they don't comply with a cca request - if the OFT get loads of complaints the company can have their licenses completely revoked....

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Not been able to get hold of the person dealing with it today.

His last words before he hung up was we will pass this to our legal department to enforce and we will send some one to your house to take to you about it.

pford, I would personally be delighted with that offer (apart from the home visit in which case I would have buckets of manure of standby). However, let them take you to Court, they can't provide the agreement and you have that in writing. I'll bet they won't!

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

pford, I would personally be delighted with that offer (apart from the home visit in which case I would have buckets of manure of standby). However, let them take you to Court, they can't provide the agreement and you have that in writing. I'll bet they won't!

Ye but this is their dogs we don't give a **** about your complaint against the Halifax you now owe us

my TS told me to take it to court myself as she would have a hard job of?

its 1 complaint so what against them

Ye but this is their dogs we don't give a **** about your complaint against the Halifax you now owe us

It's irrelevant, to initiate proceedings, they would have to be able to provide the Judge with a true copy of the executed agreement. It appears they can't do this. Let them carry on, they are only shooting themselves in the foot. Get yourself a call minder or a whistle, don't take the calls, or if you do, blow the damned whistle down the phone and if they knock at your door, hand them a copy of the letter that says they can't provide the agreement.

You have to stand up to these idiots!!!!:D

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi UB. What sort of action did he recommend that you take?

Hi Rosie,

He didn't - he just said:

Hi un1boy,

After speaking with my colleague, I believe that the agreement could be unenforcable as it doesn't have the APR.

You will have to take legal action agasint them.

That is basically what he said- I'll post his exact reply when I get email access later.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

my TS told me to take it to court myself as she would have a hard job of?

its 1 complaint so what against them

I had the same - but, I am gonna write into a manager there and refer it to my MP to see if they can do anything about it.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I called the OFT and they said that they can't investigate individual complaints, but they were very interested in me sending all the info regarding the agreement I have been sent which does not have any prescribed terms on it and is now unenforcable, along with my requests for default notices which I wasn't sent etc as they use that information when considering renewing credit license applications.

I now the OFT basically can't and don't do much individually, but if everyone that has not had their cca request satisfied, or that have been sent unenforcable agreements etc, forwarded it all on to the OFT then they may think twice before renewing and granting credit licenses.

My charges claims:

Default removals: