Bailiffs and Enforcement with police a Horror Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is why we need a campaign to educate the police as to what exactly bailiffs are allowed to do. MP's and Chief Constables of all police forces need to be aware that our local plod is not up to speed where these private bailiffs are concerned. If necessary they need to carry in their pockets a reference card with the rules on it!

This bailiff obviously worked on the assumption that the two attending officers didn't know that he wasn't allowed to put his foot in the door - and he got away with it!!

I do hope you will be making a complaint to the Chief Constable of your area force and your MP.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi GR, believe me I have no axe to grind with the police myself, indeed my partner is an ex copper and agrees with me that it's education re the bailiff's powers that is needed, not retribution for what has already happened.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

8.4 The Bailiff cannot, however, break open a closed but unfastened window or door, open a closed latched window, or USE A LOCKSMITH TO OPEN A DOOR. Use of a landlord's key is also illegal. They cannot force their way past someone at the door, or wedge their foot in a doorway to prevent the door being closed. The protection against forced entry extends to all buildings physically attached to the living premises.

• Haha 1