Crichtons Bailiffs - Pulling a Fast One? *Win*

Guest Mumofthreeboys
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Mumofthreeboys

OK, we have had ongoing problem with Crichtons over 2 unpaid bus lane fines. The fines escalated to £751 odd for both. :o

I couldn't understand why they were so high, so sent a DPA request letter to Crichtons. Got the info back and found they had added £230 for a bailiff/van/porter to 1 fine plus £50 applied to each fine, even though they 'visited' one property allegedly in April. As far as we know, nobody called that day, nothing was put through our door to say they had been.

So, to cut a long story short, I wrote to them asking for proof they had attended our property and why they had charged £230 when the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts Regulations 1993 clearly states 'reasonable costs'. And why they had charged £50 twice when visiting one property.

They called yesterday and said the costs of £230 were set by the council and the £50 applied to each fine was set by law!!!

They then agreed 'as a gesture of goodwill' to remove the £230 + VAT from the balance, which they said was £525.36. They were holding a cheque for £187.77, which they said would be returned (and has been this morning). Leaving one remaining payment of £170.84 to clear both warrants in full :)

Should I be pleased with this 'result' or are they still getting more than they should be :confused:

Guest Zooman
Cheers Ashley, so you think I should leave it as it is then???
Yes

I think you did brilliant. Win all round bailiff has fair payment for work, fine paid and you have not been conned.

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Yes

I think you did brilliant. Win all round bailiff has fair payment for work, fine paid and you have not been conned.

Cool xxx

Guest Mumofthreeboys
now no more driving in the bus lane, BTW where you in a 4X4 on the school run.

Errr, can I just point out it wasn't me, but the wally I call a husband that used to drive a sprinter :)

Ashley, I wish I could afford a 4x4 :D