Philips Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all

On the 9/4/09 I sent off a request to Philips to send me a breakdown of the debt they claim is outstanding, along with a £1 p/o tocover the costs. I have today received a 'notice of attendance' from them with the amound reduced by £1, presumably from the p/o with no enclosed breakdown. This letter I received today has a hand written 'to' section and opposite is todays date,indicating someone came round today. Im thinking this is illegal as they havent sent me the breakdown I requested, is this right?

Many thanks for any help and guidance in advance

Dear

I Do Not Acknowledge Any Debt to Your Company

I am writing in reference to your letter dated xx/xx/xxxx

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning this matter unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the alleged debt in question.

If you are unable to provide evidence as to my liability I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I understand one of your collectors hastries to visit me at my home. visited my home.

OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending “doorstep callers” to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless.

Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you pinky, that draft letter looks great!! Yeah, i sent it recorded delivery, Ive got the slip number and im guessing by the way the debts gone down by the £1 that they definately receved it....