kays catalogue debt please help!

cpen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have been a kays customer for many years and have always paid by direct debit.I have quite a large debt with them.My husband has recently left and i am now alone with 3 young children and on benefits until i go back to work after my maternity leave(even then with tax credits things will be grim as he was main wage earner.).This will be the first month that i am unable to pay and i'm terrified .I have been reading some other threads and i know i have not signed a credit agreement.Any advice on what to do?I will struggle to pay even a small amount per month at the moment and wonder how to approach the matter to avoid charges and harrasment.Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Hi,

First of all, don't ring them. You need to be putting everything in writing from now on and sending by recorded delivery even though it's going to cost you £1.14 per letter.

Have a look here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter "c" is a good one to start you off with but if Kays start playing silly beggars with you then you can start getting shirty back by asking for a copy of your agreement.

Reading between the lines, I'm assuming you want to be responsible for your debt and not use the CCA to get out of paying.

If these companies treat you right, I'm sure you'd be more than willing to pay them a rate you can afford.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi cpen

Your right they wont have a credit agreement, if you send a CCa request they are lightly to send you a blank up to date agreement, and will admit they cant locate your agreement. But send one thats important.

You are almost certainly going to have negative reports put on your credit file at the CRA, that said if you can handle your file at the CRA being trashed you are in charge of the debt.

They will pass it round some pond life DCA's until they get tired of it, keep the letter they send you stating they cant find the agreement, then photo copy it and send any DCA that contacts you a copy.

Other people will advise you also

GG

Hi GG

Fine by me. All different opinions are much better than a single one. I've been lucky to never have a catalogue account and after reading the horror stories on here, I'm glad. :D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE