hi all 1st post

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all I have posted in LTSB forum earlier because this is the bank I want to claim from. I did not find this site until already starting a complaint with them. After being ignored I then lodged a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman. Could anyone tell me

1. Has anyone had success from using the FO?

2. If not, having first gone to the FO does this mean that you can't go on to follow your steps to recover charges?

I have all my statements and letters from LTSB so far and charges so far total £5318.

As with most people I desperately need this money back. Oh and I have already closed the account March 06 after taking out a loan to clear the debt because the refused to allow me to set up a payment plan.

Anyway sorry to ramble. Hopefully someone can help.

Many thanks

Hi and welcome Midge, first read the FAQs and step by step instructions ,also spend a couple of days reading some threads in the relevant bank forum to gain some insight as to what to do and when to do it.Then when you are ready start your own thread to keep us all posted on your progress and also ask questions if needs be to answer your question yes you can carry on reclaiming your unlawful bank charges

Good luck

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks for welcome.

I have spent a couple of days reading FAQ's and some of the threads but what I really need to know if complaining via the FO will hinder things or will it work on it's own.

Thanks for help

Complaing to the FO will probably not do anything ...but its your choice to wait and see what happens if anything at all

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I had a reply from BO dated 4th Aug saying that lloyds tsb have 8 weeks to respond to the letter from them.On 8th Aug I recieved a letter from Dawn BArlow at Colmore Row saying that as my complaint has been with them some time she would write with a detailed response within 2 weeks. That would be the 22nd Aug so am waiting to hear from her. I have been over my past statements and I have paid them £5,518 in charges over a 21 month period!!!!!! I will prepare my LBA and schedule of charges to be sent after Dawns reply. I have also sent off my SAR to Smile and recieved a letter of acknowledgement dated 15th Aug.