• Tweets

• Please see my comments on your post in red
    • Thanks for your reply, I have another 3 weeks before the notice ends. I'm also concerned because the property has detoriated since I've been here due to mould, damp and rusting (which I've never seen in a property before) rusty hinges and other damage to the front door caused by damp and mould, I'm concerned they could try and charge me for damages? As long as you've documented and reported this previously you'll have a right to challenge any costs. There was no inventory when I moved in, I also didn't have to pay a deposit. Do an inventory when you move out as proof of the property's condition as you leave it. I've also been told that if I leave before a possession order is given I would be deemed intentionally homeless, is this true? If you leave, yes. However, Your local council has a legal obligation to ensure you won't be left homeless as soon as you get the notice. As stated before, you don't have to leave when the notice expires if you haven't got somewhere else to go. Just keep paying your rent as normal. Your tenancy doesn't legally end until a possession warrant is executed against you or you leave and hand the keys back. My daughter doesn't live with me, I'd likely have medical priority as I have health issues and I'm on pip etc. Contact the council and make them aware then.      
    • extension? you mean enforcement. after 6yrs its very rare for a judge to allow enforcement. it wont have been sold on, just passed around the various differing trading names the claimant uses.    
    • You believe you have cast iron evidence. However, all they’d have to do to oppose a request for summary judgment is to say “we will be putting forward our own evidence and the evidence from both parties needs to be heard and assessed by a judge” : the bar for summary judgment is set quite high! You believe they don't have evidence but that on its own doesn't mean they wouldn't try! so, its a high risk strategy that leaves you on the hook for their costs if it doesn't work. Let the usual process play out.
    • Ok, I don't necessarily want to re-open my old thread but I've seen a number of such threads with regards to CCJ's and want to ask a fairly general consensus on the subject. My original CCJ is 7 years old now and has had 2/3 owners for the debt over the years since with varying level of contact.  Up to last summer they had attempted a charging order on a shared mortgage I'm named on which I defended that action and tried to negotiate with them to the point they withdrew the charging order application pending negotiations which we never came to an agreement over.  However, after a number of communication I heard nothing back since last Autumn barring an annual generic statement early this year despite multiple messages to them since at the time.  at a loss as to why the sudden loss of response from them. Then something came through from this site at random yesterday whilst out that I can't find now with regards to CCJ's to read over again.  Now here is the thing, I get how CCJ's don't expire as such, but I've been reading through threads and Google since this morning and a little confused.  CCJ's don't expire but can be effectively statute barred after 6 years (when in my case was just before I last heard of the creditor) if they are neither enforced in that time or they apply to the court within the 6 years of issue to extend the CCJ and that after 6 years they can't really without great difficulty or explanation apply for a CCJ extension after of the original CCJ?.  Is this actually correct as I've read various sources on Google and threads that suggest there is something to this?.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Problem with Ultimate Credit Services Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm afraid, and it's just my opinion, that I don't agree with Buzby. There are lots of useful letters on this site re harrassment. I quoted harrassment verbally to Barclaycard then wrote a letter using the wealth of info you'll find on this site and sent an e-mail to the CEO's office (John Varley). I got a written and verbal apology, some compensation (not sought I just wanted the damed calls to stop) and all the interest and charges removed from the card since I advised them of financial difficulties. OK, I am paying under a DMP too so that probably helped. But knowing your rights and being afraid to quote them succinctly is a weapon and I'm pleased to say I haven't had a phone call since. OK, this is stressful and may not always work, but its worth a try and may mean you don't have to change your phone number and hide like the criminal they're trying to make you feel like. Again, just IMHO.

Hi ukbloke. Of course you feel like a criminal - that's exactly how the blood suckers want you to feel because it makes you more vulnerable and ready to part with what you can't aford. I don't believe there is ANY genuine CAGGER that doesn't empathise. This forum can empower you to take control and it will stop eventually but it is one day at a time. If it helps, I wrote out a script for the next time I got a human on the phone that I simply read through - a shortened version of the telephone harrassment letter. I was shaking after I used it, but the feeling of turning round and saying things like "I need to advise you that this conversation is being recorded..." and "can I confirm that you are..." and "can I confirm that you refuse to..." etc calmly and after having refused to answer their security questions was great. Everytime they said they couldn't answer because I hadn't been through security I just asked another question. I couldn't have done it without scouring this site and not only listing my rights but also seeing how other people had taken control. I think you should do this, send the telephone harrassment letter (that you can then refer to if anyone else rings) and starting the process of finding out if this debt is yours and is enforceable or not. A day at a time; baby steps. The fact that you are trying to sort it out is something to be proud about. And don't do anything in haste. Each time you get a letter, research a response on this forum then leave it 24-hours before sending it; gives you time to reflect objectively without that horrible 'blood boiling in your ears' type feeling! So - 1) telephone script. 2) Harrassment letter. 3) Prove it letter for starters. It's really just bulleying and the victim who stands up for themselves and demonstrably knows their rights is less of an attractive target to go after. Good luck!

• Haha 1

I should also add that it's all about degrees. I don't have the courage (not yet, anyway) not to be paying a percentage of what I owe, but I'm in the fortunate position that I can pay something. And as things improve, I will offer full and finals. It's really doing what you feel comfortable about whilst knowing what can happen and what is unlikely to happen. But in your case you haven't been chased for a number of years so this debt might not be yours or might not be valid! I would definately not be paying towards something I genuinely didn't know anything about - even if I thought it could be mine! Could does not mean is!

• 1 month later...

Write out a script based on harrassement - there's plenty to use on this forum- and the next timesomeone phones refuse to answer their security questions, advise them you are taping the call pause then launch into your script. Then send your script and a copy of the e-mail received saying 'closed'. This did it for me with Barclay card and they're persistant suckers....I know people will advise you to ignore the calls but I also know how stressful that can be! If you're really stuck I can probably find the letter I wrote to BC based on my script.

Hi Mr Ton, I love your responses but for us Newbies it takes a lot to get the confidence to do this. Having found this forum and taken what I consider to be "sensible" and "reasonable" action, were I still having calls from creditors I would indeed do this or, as other people have suggested, put the phone down next to the music channel until they give up an go away. I fully expect my debts to be sold on and after repeating my 'sensible' and 'reasonable' action once more I will do this!

Sorry ukbloke but I don't understand? Why are you calling them? Next time they call you have your chosen response ready... Here is how my conversation went with BCard went: of course you'd have to edit to suit and only the beginning bit may be relevant to you. Then I sent a letter to Barclay's chairman and the situation was resolved.

BC: can I speak to xxxx

BBNB: Speaking

BC: this is Jean from BC, can I confirm your DOB

BBNB: No, but I do have something to say to you, hang on. [slight pause]:

Can I just confirm that you are calling from BC?

BC: Yes ma'am

BBNB: Just to let you know that I am taping this conversation and I intend to report you to the office of Fair Trading under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 for harrassment. From this point on I will only communicate with you in writing and any further calls from BC will be cause to instigate criminal proceedings under Section 2 of the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 and your consumer credit licence does not protect you from prosectution.

BC: pause

BBNB: can you confirm as per the conversation I had with you yesterday that you refuse to speak with my appointed 3rd part representatives

BC: I cannot access your file as I don't have the security confirmation

BBNB: Well I don't believe that. Can you also confirm that you will not agree to a payment plan, as I was told yesterday.

BC: I cannot discuss that as I can't open your file;

BBNB: Well I have written to you and spoken with you on numerous occasions as have my 3rd party representatives and you are infact now receiving money under this plan.

BC: I can stop these calls.

BBNB: can you repeat that please

BC: I can stop these calls, I can do that.

BBNB: What is your name, "Jean..."?

BC: Jean Xxx

BBNB: Can you spell that please?

BC: Jean Bathan

BBNB: And you will stop these calls? You are able to do that?

BC: Yes Ma'am

BBNB: Thank you and goodbye.

Hi BabyBear (love your 'handle btw!), for me the harrassment came with the refusal to correspond in writing and deal with my appointed 3rd party. The fact that they rang every 2 hours from 0800 to 2100 whilst we think is harrassment is apparently 'lawful' and used computer sumulation that were frightening to the children. Frankly, it's enough to threaten the threat monkies as they're as ignorant as Jo public really. They hate the thought of being recorded. I might have found it 'easier' to get it stopped because I was offering a payment plan which was more that a token payment. ...

I think this is getting silly. The guidelines clearly state what might be considered harrassment. If someone writes to a creditor and speaks to them several times, going through the security questions, and advises that they will only conduct the discussion of financial issues in writing and the creditor refuses to so so but rings 7 times a day to verbally bulley someone out of money they haven't got then its clearly harrassment. We all know this is what happens. The discussion here is really what can be done to stop this. I am a believer in doing things sensibly first. If that doesn't work then other measure should be taken - including seeking prevention through the courts if necessary! Mind you, blowing a whistle down the phone or playing them music for hours is a cheaper and quicker way of achieving the same end! In my case the 'phone callers' stated they refused to talk to my appointed 3rd party as "they are not the ones with the debt". The guidelines and law are there to protect both sides if followed correctly afterall!

But it would have been harrassment if you'd written, stated no home visit and spoken BUT the DCA continued to ignore you? I don't care about letters - its my choice to open them or not (or pass onto my appointed 3rd party wihtout opening them); the kids can ignore them. They can't ignore repeated and intrusive phone calls and computerised message that can't pronounce your name properly. OR if the person, having called once, kept knocking on your door every 2 hours....