£35 Charge for allowing exceeding overdraft???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to do the whole bank charge thing again. Both myself and my wife reclaimed ours two years ago. However since then had a situation where my wife was overdrawn by a couple of pounds and was not charged. Curiosly we called to ask why we were not charged and were informed that there was a (HBOS) (Phantom) limit of £5, that if you did not go over this then you would not be charged. As there was no charge we were happy and accepted that explanation.

Now however, we are confused again and would appreciate any feedback on this latest issue. I do not have a bank account but my wife has two with the HBOS. We are both PAYG customers with T-Mobile. Both our phones are registered in my wife's name so that we can top up through the interactive option on each handset. T-Mobile will only allow one handset per bank account so my wife has her phone activated to one of her accounts and I have mine activated to her other HBOS account. Simple as it sounds!

This has been the situation for around two years and there have been many occasions when I have tried to top up my phone using the interactive menu on my phone. Without knowing the balance in my wife's account I have received a message detailing that the top up has been refused and that I should contact the bank (HBOS).

However, in the pat few months I have been able to top up my phone without the funds being available in the bank account (not knowing that the funds were not there) top up has been successful but a few days later we receive the usual e-mail saying that we are being charged £35 quid as there was insufficint funds in the account??????

Does anyone know if things have changed, or why can the HBOS LET!!!!!! you go overdrawn in order to CHARGE you?

They continue to charge. The charges continue to be unfair. You can claim them back. Write to your bank and tell them that the charges are in dispute and that under para.13 of the banking code they are not to lodge any information with the CRA.