Flembobs vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to one and all,

I'm just about to unleesh the beast on Halifax for screwing me into debt over the past few years, 6 to be exact, well, if that's all i can claim on. Anyways, i wanna get it right so if anyone can give me any pointers on who to send my letter to, make the cheque payable to.....where to start etc, i'd be eternally grateful,

Thanks so much (in advance!)

Flembobs

Hi and Welcome

Make your cheque out to the "Halifax PLC"

and I am sending all letters to the Perminant Buildings address, you can find the full address in the FAQ section. Others have sent their letters to their local branch but send it recorded just to be on the safe side.

Good Luck (you won't need it):p

Sent Data Protection Act to Halifax 13.6.06

Daughters Data Protection Act sent to NatWest 5.6.06

Natwest sent statements on 24.6.06 Daughter owed £204.00 Preliminary ready to go.

Halifax sent my statements today(26.6.06) Owe me £1702.00

Preliminary sent on 27. 6.06.

Hi and welcome flembobs before you do anything I suggest you read the FAQs and step by step instructions , and spend a few days reading a few threads in this forum to get an insight as to the correct procedure and the likely pitfalls you may encounter....its your claim so is it not worth some effort from you

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks Mechs and Strude,

I've just typed up my request for statements / bank charges applying for the last 6 years, i'll be sending it tomorrow.

.......updates to follow....

thanks for the advise guys

flembobs:)

• 3 weeks later...

Ola,

I've just begun my quest for peace, i sent off for my statements over the last 6 years on 3 separate accounts, one credit card, one new bank account (1 year old) and my old account (closed down 1 year ago). I requested these statements on 15th July and have only recieved the statements for the credit card and new bank account, my old accounts' statements have not yet arrived, should i be ringing them and demanding that they send me the remaining staements or should i hold out until the 40 days are up?

Also, once i have totalled up my charges, should i request my money for all 3 accounts all in one letter, or should i sent a separate request for each account?

I'm stuck!:|

Hi

Nothing wrong with a quick call to check they are deadling with the 3rd account.

You are probably best to claim for the card account separately to the bank accounts.

Best of luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'm a bit worried that when i apply for my money back that they'll ask me for all the money owed to my credit card which is just shy of £4000, can they demand this instantly? This would leave me financially pickled!

Well, it is possible that they might want to withdraw the card facility, but this is not something we have noticed.

If they did, you would simply show them how much you can afford to pay back monthly (or weekly if that suits) and they would be no better off than just allowing you to continue to use it.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.