Halifax PPI Claim - Help needed please!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I had a loan with Halifax for £7155 and it had another loan on it for £1573.73 plus interest for PPI this was taken out in 2003. Unfortunately, I fell behind with the payments and the loan was sold on to a DCA, which I have been paying via Payplan and the DCA are making me pay £6854

I wrote to the Halifax on 30th October 2008 submitting a claim for PPI. They responded in writing on 19th November 2008, with their usual waffle and also went on to say that I will receive a payment within 1 month.

On 19th December, I telephoned them and was told that the loan agreement had been written off and that the Halifax were looking at their PPI refund procedures, I requested written confirmation that the amount had been written off and have heard nothing since.

I wrote again in January 2009 (recorded delivery) - No response

In February 2009, I reported them to the FOS, but they are very slow due to the sheer volume of complaints they have about PPI etc.

I have today written to Halifax again asking them to confirm the accont is wriiten off and to either send me a check for £1573 +8% or ask the DCA to reduce the amount owed by the same. I have given the ANOTHER 15 working days to come up with the goods or I take them the small claims route.

Can anyone suggest anything else???

regards & thanks in advance

hello Jimmy,

Hi guys,

I had a loan with Halifax for £7155 and it had another loan on it for £1573.73 plus interest for PPI this was taken out in 2003. Unfortunately, I fell behind with the payments and the loan was sold on to a DCA, which I have been paying via Payplan and the DCA are making me pay £6854

I wrote to the Halifax on 30th October 2008 submitting a claim for PPI. They responded in writing on 19th November 2008, with their usual waffle and also went on to say that I will receive a payment within 1 month.

On 19th December, I telephoned them and was told that the loan agreement had been written off and that the Halifax were looking at their PPI refund procedures, I requested written confirmation that the amount had been written off and have heard nothing since. Did you ask for written confirmation on the phone or by letter. Better to keep everything in writing.

I wrote again in January 2009 (recorded delivery) - No response

In February 2009, I reported them to the FOS, but they are very slow due to the sheer volume of complaints they have about PPI etc.

I have today written to Halifax again asking them to confirm the accont is wriiten off and to either send me a check for £1573 +8% or ask the DCA to reduce the amount owed by the same. I have given the ANOTHER 15 working days to come up with the goods or I take them the small claims route.

Can anyone suggest anything else??? Unless you have everything in writing I would stick with the FOS. My reason here is if you go via the FOS and your complaint is not upheld you still have to option of going to Court but If you go to Court before the FOS decision and lose you would have to inform the FOS and they would then close your complaint as they cannot overule the Court.

regards & thanks in advance

Have you submitted a Subject Access Request to halifax?

If not this should be your starting point then if you get no response from them within 40 days you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office for their failure to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and they can instruct halifax to release all data applicable to you and the loan including the passing of the loan to the DCA.

It is better to have all the relevant information to hand before proceding to a small claims court.:wink:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

hello Jimmy,

Have you submitted a Subject Access Request to halifax?

If not this should be your starting point then if you get no response from them within 40 days you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office for their failure to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and they can instruct halifax to release all data applicable to you and the loan including the passing of the loan to the DCA.

It is better to have all the relevant information to hand before proceding to a small claims court.:wink:

aa

Many thanks for your reply alanalana.

I have all correspondence in writing, I have just sent a SAR today so should be interesting to see what happens.

Will keep you updated

JN